Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2012 - 11th - 18th November 2012

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 15 May, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

QuoteAlso met David Lloyd and got a fantastic Guy Fawkes sketch from him

Or as we like to call him, 'V'.

GordyM

My time at Thought Bubble was sweeeeeet.

Met a lot of great people, including some illustrious members of this forum. A particular highlight was going out drinking with the Scottish Contingent on the Saturday night, which included the one and only Mr John Wagner. Another one was getting a sketch of Harke and Burr from Dean Ormston (they were haunting the Megazine when I first got into it and they've remained favourites of mine ever since).

Also won Leigh Gallagher's amazing cheerleading Joker sketch (which he did for a fundraising sketch-off) and Frazer Irving kindly drew me a Joker sketch too.

Sold a lot of copies of my comic No More Heroes (*cough* check link for ordering details *cough*). At one point a very nice American couple came over to the stall to take a look. I gave them the pitch and the guy liked the sound of it so much he bought every issue. After they left the guy at the next stall turned to me and said, "That was Mark Waid."

Yeah, I unknowingly sold my wee comic to one of the biggest names in the business. I even offered to sign it for him.  :-[
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Judo

Quote from: GordyM on 21 November, 2012, 03:03:28 PM
My time at Thought Bubble was sweeeeeet.

Met a lot of great people, including some illustrious members of this forum. A particular highlight was going out drinking with the Scottish Contingent on the Saturday night, which included the one and only Mr John Wagner.

Yeah, I unknowingly sold my wee comic to one of the biggest names in the business. I even offered to sign it for him.  :-[

Pub was hilarious. Hahaha you can tell Gordy is Scottish cos Mark Waid has queues oot t'door for a sig and zero fucks Gordy gives him his x

I LOVE TEAM SCOTLAND!!!

PS very nice Simon Davies sketches.  Wish I had got one but spent all my dough.  He was very busy but what I saw him do was abso fabby x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Steve Green

I love seeing the convention sketches.

I think the last one I had time to be able to get some done was at BICs in 2009...

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Steve Green on 21 November, 2012, 06:20:49 PM
I love seeing the convention sketches.

I think the last one I had time to be able to get some done was at BICs in 2009...

WHIRRR+++WHIRRR+++CLICK++++CLICK+++WHIRRR+++TRANSLATION PROTOCOLS INITIATED+++

"Losers! Some of us have been WORKING, you know, ON A FILM! Neur- Flouncy flouncy off into the distance"

;)

SBT

Note: Joke, man's a friend'a'mine.

Steve Green

Dodsy

QuoteSold a lot of copies of my comic No More Heroes (*cough* check link for ordering details *cough*). At one point a very nice American couple came over to the stall to take a look. I gave them the pitch and the guy liked the sound of it so much he bought every issue. After they left the guy at the next stall turned to me and said, "That was Mark Waid."

I think this is my favourite Con story of all time lol
Twitter - @dodsy84

Steve Green

I'm pretty blind to anything/anyone in US comics, so I would have been in the same boat.

COMMANDO FORCES

I saw a picture of CrazyFoxMachine with Robert Llewellyn at the con, on facebook. I never saw him there :(

Albion

Quote from: Judo on 21 November, 2012, 04:53:42 PM
very nice Simon Davies sketches.  Wish I had got one but spent all my dough.

You should have got one, they were free!
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

I have an amazing one from Simon and I'll show it when I get the chance. You will all be blown away by it :D

Dunk!

Missed so many droids, forum folk, old friends and cosplayers (to perv) that I fear I actually went to a different convention.

Only who I boogied Saturday night away with convinces me otherwise.

Great con. Here's to next year.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Judo

Quote from: Albion on 21 November, 2012, 08:34:15 PM

awww wit?!  gutted :(  If id known that I would have definitely asked him for something he would have refused... lolol.  Just realised I didnt get his sig but I genuinely thought I had... WASTER x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Bat King

Quote from: Albion on 21 November, 2012, 08:34:15 PM

And this is something I find brilliant. Genuine 'giving back to the fans'.
The sketches & doodles, the free banter.

I am not good with asking people for their time so I have few autographs. Got a Grandville from Bryan Talbot, he does a sketch ad and signature as standard. And chats as he draws.

I got John Wagner's on my TB Program.

Was going to ask Lauren for hers but only saw her at Money screening.

I want to ask... Wanted to get a 2000ad 35th anniversary sketch book n get loads...

I dunno, pretty silly...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex