Colin YNWA

Wow great news.

What's left then?

Timothy

Outcasts and Metalzoic.  :D

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Timothy on 21 November, 2016, 07:04:41 PM
Outcasts and Metalzoic.  :D

See that's the kinda comment that gets a daft bugger like me thinking in a couple of years. "I'm sure I read somewhere that the rights for Outcasts will be up for grabs"!

Greg M.

Bloody hell, they've done it! Yes!

At one stage, I'd have said it'd never happen, but after getting Zenith, Dan Dare and the banned Cursed Earth episodes back into print, it seemed quite possible. Well done, Tharg - I never doubted you!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'd love there to be more of this.

Can we have more of this, please, Tharg? The problem with the collection is that it won't actually go anywhere.
Lock up your spoons!

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Fantastic news, Summer Magic was great and the rest of the series perfectly acceptable so sign me up.

Hope Rebellion goes for the full hardcover treatment on this one.

CalHab

Great news. These were wonderful stories and the best of Ridgway and Parkhouse's work.

Dark Jimbo

Can't wait to finally read this!

I bought the odd issue of 2000AD when I was about ten and there was a story about a boy searching for his father (I think) through Hell, which is a giant beauracracy - was that Luke Kirby? Pretty sure it was a colour story, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

Greg M.

Sounds like the third story - probably the weakest, and indeed in garish colour - but the original 'Summer Magic' is a stone-cold classic. I'm really keen to read the "Old Straight Track" story again, which I recall being a real return to form - Parkhouse art rather than Ridgway, but with much more sympathetic and suitable colouring than "Sympathy for the Devil".

Hawkmumbler

Jovus grud! Rebellion are on a roll!

Link Prime

Great news.
Hopefully it's a complete collection- there were a few one-offs in Sci-Fi specials & Yearbooks if I recall.

The Amstor Computer

Blimey! Quite surprising, though after recent collections it perhaps shouldn't be. I wonder how the rights position was settled, but great to see it heading back to print.

robert_ellis

If you need reminding why this is such a good series here's my soon to be not-unique volume!
https://youtu.be/WZ5QlSlDZis

Tony Angelino

Good. I barely remember this story other than it was one of the few 'new' stories that I remember enjoying before jumping ship in the 1990's.