Main Menu

Game of Thrones s. 6

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 27 April, 2016, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

In addition to Dorne, i get the feeling that the showrunners didn't really like or care about Stannis either. They severely truncated his storyline and gave all of his best moments to other characters, before prematurely dispatching him. and the petty, weasly character as portrayed on the show often bears little relation to the taciturn, brittle, and somewhat likable despite himself Stannis of the books.

i also think they like other characters a bit TOO much. in particular Jon, Dany and Tyrion, all of whom have had their rough edges sanded off. they all do some pretty abhorrent (or at least morally questionable) things in the books, which makes them far more interesting characters imo. Tyrion especially. he can be an incredibly nasty, vindictive little shit in the books, whereas in the TV show he practically wears a halo and is on the right side of every argument.

still think its a remarkably good adaptation overall though.

radiator

Apparently the season 6 finale will clock in at a whopping 69 mins - that is almost feature-length. Holy. Shit.

My bold prediction is that - in addition to seeing a great number of the cast cut down before the end of the season in an almighty clearing of the decks, I also believe the season will end with at least one game-changing, cataclysmic event, and I have an inkling that when we eventually get to season 7... it will a) not air until at least 2018 and b) rather than carrying straight on from the s6 finale, the show will have jumped forward in time, and we will catch up with the surviving characters in very different circumstances to where we left them.

Just a hunch.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 09 May, 2016, 01:27:15 AM
I also believe the season will end with at least one game-changing, cataclysmic event

The Wall is coming down...maybe.

Grugz

i reckon soap' right, the white walkers who apparently didn't want to pursue jon across the water last season ,will invade and the dragons will melt the wall and some magicy stuff about walkers and water not mixing will destroy them...its called a song of ice and fire after all...or I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

radiator

Up until the end there, I was almost starting to think we'd get an entire episode of season 6 where no named characters got the chop...

COMMANDO FORCES

Latest episode has a [spoiler]funny fart gag[/spoiler], well it made me laugh :lol:

Hawkmumbler

Christ...[spoiler]Ramsey Bolton is a bit of a twat, isn't he?![/spoiler]

Come back Joffrey, all is forgiven!

Grugz

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 09 May, 2016, 05:14:25 PM
Latest episode has a [spoiler]funny fart gag[/spoiler], well it made me laugh :lol:

farts are always funny ...mind you I thought cersei had replaced pycelle with the reanimator?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Satanist

I cannot wait to see the Mountain off the leash, that is gonna be carnage!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Judge Olde

I'd really like to see Dany getting it
I mean killed  :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

I did enjoy that episode, I must say.  Portents of[spoiler] great things ahead for Jon Snow and Sansa[/spoiler]; Ramsay still[spoiler] being a cunt[/spoiler]; and a monumental reminder that[spoiler] Daenerys is one damsel that doesn't really need rescuing[/spoiler].
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

It was actually an episode with some — shock! — positive bits in. Blimey. But [spoiler]Osha[/spoiler]. :(

pauljholden

Poor Ramsey ... "Ok, so I flay people alive. Ok I cut that guys knob off and tortured him until he was unrecognisable and petrified. Yes, yes, I murdered all of those people including [spoiler]my dad, my step mum and my baby brother [/spoiler]... But why does everyone think I'm a cannibal .. I'M NOT A MONSTER!"

-PJ

flip-r mk2

Quote from: pauljholden on 17 May, 2016, 10:50:37 AM
Poor Ramsey ... "Ok, so I flay people alive. Ok I cut that guys knob off and tortured him until he was unrecognisable and petrified. Yes, yes, I murdered all of those people including [spoiler]my dad, my step mum and my baby brother [/spoiler]... But why does everyone think I'm a cannibal .. I'M NOT A MONSTER!"

-PJ

:D

filippo
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: pauljholden on 17 May, 2016, 10:50:37 AM

-PJ
He is a bit of a twat isn't he? Come back Joffrey, all is forgiven!