Main Menu

Predator 4: The Predator

Started by sheridan, 28 August, 2016, 11:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Official website already live, including countdown - about a year and half at time of writing.

Rogue Judge

Looking forward to this, any idea who the leading protagonist is going to be?

Bit of a wait though...

Rately

Last I'd read, they were hoping to cast James Franco!

Trent

He'd work well. I've enjoyed all the Predator movies for the nonsensical fun rides they are. I can see why they draw the criticism they do but expectations almost always outweigh reality. They are just popcorn movies.
More importantly, just picked up a custom lego Predator off ebay, great stuff. Thinking about making a diorama with Arctic City Lego involving Predator and a custom lego Alien I also picked up.
I love being a 52 year old child.

sheridan

Why are there no Judge Dredd/2000AD Lego (or generic building bricks)?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: sheridan on 30 August, 2016, 06:05:21 PM
Why are there no Judge Dredd/2000AD Lego (or generic building bricks)?

An excellent question, but for another thread.

If it bleeds, we can kill it

I ain't got time to bleed
Lock up your spoons!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 30 August, 2016, 07:02:32 PM

If it bleeds, we can kill it

I ain't got time to bleed

"Never trust anything that bleeds for three days and doesn't die."
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rately

Quote from: Trent on 30 August, 2016, 05:42:20 PM
He'd work well. I've enjoyed all the Predator movies for the nonsensical fun rides they are. I can see why they draw the criticism they do but expectations almost always outweigh reality. They are just popcorn movies.
More importantly, just picked up a custom lego Predator off ebay, great stuff. Thinking about making a diorama with Arctic City Lego involving Predator and a custom lego Alien I also picked up.
I love being a 52 year old child.

I think he'd be great in it, and a very interesting choice. The website even mentions that Shane Black has had a few conversations with Arnie, so I'd assume a fan pleasing cameo is in the works.

Very much enjoyed the first movie, and the second is, in my opinion, very underrated.

Ha! If I get my way, the attic in our new home will house all my geek stuff, and a Predator figure is very much on the list of models I'll hopefully be able to get my hands on. Such a great design by Stan Windton, and but for him, it could have been a very different movie, especially having seen the JCVD test footage!

PsychoGoatee

Love Predator, love the people making this one, got a good feelin'!

Michael Knight

radiator

Predator must be the single big action movie franchise with the most squandered potential. You'd think these movies would write themselves, and yet they still seem incapable of coming up with a worthwhile follow-up to the original.

I never got round to seeing Predators. The premise of it sounds great, but there seems to be a real stink around it. Is it really that bad? Worth a watch?

Also; that isn't an official website.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: radiator on 01 September, 2016, 08:45:02 PM
I never got round to seeing Predators. The premise of it sounds great, but there seems to be a real stink around it. Is it really that bad? Worth a watch?

Predators is a glorified graphic novel and since they're all killers, gang members and mercenaries, very generic types you're not exactly falling over with sympathy for them. A few of them are crooks and I doubt that the Predator would find much glory in hunting common [spoiler]and not so common [/spoiler]criminals.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

sheridan

Quote from: radiator on 01 September, 2016, 08:45:02 PM
Predator must be the single big action movie franchise with the most squandered potential. You'd think these movies would write themselves, and yet they still seem incapable of coming up with a worthwhile follow-up to the original.

Personally I liked Predator 2, a great strength in that it didn't slavishly copy what was in the first film.

QuoteI never got round to seeing Predators. The premise of it sounds great, but there seems to be a real stink around it. Is it really that bad? Worth a watch?
It's a pet hate of mine, but it's the overused trope of collecting a bunch of warriors from different environments and pitching them into an arena.  Blackhawk only got good once they left the arena, the couple of times that Dredd's been kidnapped and forced to fight other warriors have not interested me and it doesn't work for me outside our hallowed pages either.

QuoteAlso; that isn't an official website.
Damn, and now I can't edit it!

JamesC

Predator 2 is good (I prefer it to the first one) but Predators really is bad. Apart from it being boring, the worst thing is that they pointlessly introduce these new super Predators and make out that the ones we saw in the earlier films were weedy versions. It doesn't matter how strong the Predator is if the stories are crap.
I always thought the revelation that Predators had been visiting Earth for centuries opened up some potential. I'd quite like to see an 'Apocalypto' style Predator film where it attacks some Amazonian tribe or something.

Satanist

Quote from: JamesC on 02 September, 2016, 09:06:14 AM
I always thought the revelation that Predators had been visiting Earth for centuries opened up some potential. I'd quite like to see an 'Apocalypto' style Predator film where it attacks some Amazonian tribe or something.

Check out the fan film Predator:Dark Ages on youtube. Its quite well done.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?