Main Menu

Predator 4: The Predator

Started by sheridan, 28 August, 2016, 11:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Quote from: JamesC on 02 September, 2016, 09:06:14 AM
Predator 2 is good (I prefer it to the first one) but Predators really is bad. Apart from it being boring, the worst thing is that they pointlessly introduce these new super Predators and make out that the ones we saw in the earlier films were weedy versions. It doesn't matter how strong the Predator is if the stories are crap.
I always thought the revelation that Predators had been visiting Earth for centuries opened up some potential. I'd quite like to see an 'Apocalypto' style Predator film where it attacks some Amazonian tribe or something.

Yes, squandered potental. I know there've been a few fantastic Predator comics where they've rocked up in 30s Louisiana during a prison break, and a fantastic Rick Leonardi drawn story where the Predator hunts an indigenous African tribesman going through a rites of passage ceremony.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Satanist on 02 September, 2016, 10:02:25 AM
I always thought the revelation that Predators had been visiting Earth for centuries opened up some potential. I'd quite like to see an 'Apocalypto' style Predator film where it attacks some Amazonian tribe or something.

Check out the fan film Predator:Dark Ages on youtube. Its quite well done.
I'll second this. Also the splendid GRennie and MacNeil Predator: Nemsis story at Dark Horse. Set in colonial era Tanzania (I think...) it's really rather great.

Oh, and Predator vs. Tarzan. Because dinosaurs.

Rately

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 02 September, 2016, 10:55:48 AM
Quote from: Satanist on 02 September, 2016, 10:02:25 AM

Check out the fan film Predator:Dark Ages on youtube. Its quite well done.
I'll second this. Also the splendid GRennie and MacNeil Predator: Nemsis story at Dark Horse. Set in colonial era Tanzania (I think...) it's really rather great.

Oh, and Predator vs. Tarzan. Because dinosaurs.

MacNeil on Predator? I'll have to "hunt" that down.

Sorry.

Michael Knight

I absolutely Love the Predator comics from dark Horse. Have actually managed to collect all issues so far. Folks check out Predator Nemisis set in Victorian England! Very Cool! Fantastic work by the Rennie and MacNeil droids!

auxlen

QuotePersonally I liked Predator 2, a great strength in that it didn't slavishly copy what was in the first film.

One of the few films I went to see twice at the pics when were a juve.
Still not sure if it was because of Maria Conchita Alonso.
But it had gary Busey, bill paxton, and a load of other great 80s stars

Rately

Benicio Del Toro in talks to star!

Very interesting choice if it's confirmed, and i'd look forward to seeing him in the movie, especially having seen his performance in Sicario.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Michael Knight on 02 September, 2016, 03:39:57 PM
I absolutely Love the Predator comics from dark Horse. Have actually managed to collect all issues so far. Folks check out Predator Nemisis set in Victorian England! Very Cool! Fantastic work by the Rennie and MacNeil droids!

It's very weird. When I was working for the short-lived Dark Horse International in the early 90s, towards the end of their time they started originating material (the Milligan/Johnson 'Sacrifice' Aliens story being the only notable result I can recall) and there was a very specific directive from Fox on what historical period Predator stories could be set in... basically 20th century, which nixed my Predator: War Party proposal from the off. Seriously... a Western with Predators?! I thought that was solid fried gold...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.