Main Menu

John Smith's Vampirella????

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 July, 2010, 06:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Emperor on 08 July, 2010, 04:14:46 PM
"you are my favourtest writer evah!!"

Arh so you were there when I met Thurston Moore back stage at the Duchess in Leeds (well not writer I can't righty say what specific I blurted out... I might have just told him I loved him actually?)

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 July, 2010, 04:21:12 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 08 July, 2010, 04:14:46 PM
"you are my favourtest writer evah!!"

Arh so you were there when I met Thurston Moore back stage at the Duchess in Leeds (well not writer I can't righty say what specific I blurted out... I might have just told him I loved him actually?)

I think it is an almost direct quote from Roger the week before ;) Probably for the best as the alternative would have been telling him (and everyone else) about the poo he jut had.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

john_s

You know how most stories in "2000AD" are named after the main character?

That's "Cradlegrave", that is...

Re. chat night - I had a blast!  (And woke up with a stonking hangover too!)  It is a bit hard to follow the conversation(s) sometimes but I'd recommend anyone to pop in.

Also, I was away for a while and missed some stuff - Pat on his "Doctor Who" comics, etc. - and didn't save a transcript (or whatever it's called).  Could someone send me one?

Thanks in advance if you can!

Emperor

Quote from: john_s on 08 July, 2010, 06:10:16 PM
You know how most stories in "2000AD" are named after the main character?

That's "Cradlegrave", that is...

Sooo that was the name of the monster or the estate was the main character?

Quote from: john_s on 08 July, 2010, 06:10:16 PMAlso, I was away for a while and missed some stuff - Pat on his "Doctor Who" comics, etc. - and didn't save a transcript (or whatever it's called).  Could someone send me one?

Thanks in advance if you can!

I'm not sure if Pat said much about his Dr Who work (I was thinking about asking if he'd fancy a run at writing another Dr Who episode or if he'd been put off my the previous experience, but he left before I could) but the stuff on ownership (2000AD and, perhaps more importantly, Crisis) was very interesting.

I don't have a transcript, just bits to remind me to post here. Sharky might have a transcript - I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps a copy for blackmail or idea-stealing purposes ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JayzusB.Christ

Sooo that was the name of the monster or the estate was the main character?

I'm guessing both are correct.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Emperor on 08 July, 2010, 02:22:18 PM
You were on at the same time as John Smith but didn't ask, so after you went I thought I'd throw the question in for you and saved the answer off:

Quotemighty_emperor: I think he had a question to ask you John about your ideas for Dr Who and if you could give any hints
john_s_2010: Got loads of "Who" ideas?  Where to start!
john_s_2010: The TARDIS is obviously a spacetime macro-antibody, for starters...

Katy Manning's visible panty line! That's pristine gold-plated gold there John.

Surely Paul Corne or Neil Gaiman could  put in a good word for you with the Moff   ;) ;) ;)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

john_s

I wish!

(And that's only the most obvious idea - in fact, more  of an observation, really!)