Main Menu

Prog 1807 - We love Gavin Leahy!

Started by Pete Wells, 27 October, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Wow... This prog, well, 60% of it is a total mindfuck as ( HUGE SPOILER ALERT, DON'T READ UNLESS YOUR REALLY HAVE TO ) [spoiler]Dredd, Simping Detective AND Low Life all seamlessly merge into one story![/spoiler] Wow! We've had the clues but I still didn't see it coming!

Cover - I like everything about this. The blacks, the contrasting reds, it's a stunner and totally in keeping with Hammerstein's dark thoughts within...

Dredd - yaaaaaay [spoiler]Roffman's alive[/spoiler]! A great procedural episode with Dredd particularly grim. My heart leapt when I saw Gavin Leahy Block, it was a long time coming but well worth it! A cracking episode...

Simp - yep, continuing to enjoy this, in fact, even more so now...

Low Life - mien Gott! D'Israeli is amazing isn't he? More giggles with Dirty Frank and a stunning centre spread that made me gasp! I will say no more.

ABCs - wow, Hammerstein mk 4's! A crazy Mills script this week that ends with a great cliff hanger. The way I see it, whichever course of action Hammerstein takes, he's screwing it up for robot kind...

Brass Sun - more beautiful artwork and impressive world building. I adore this strip, I really do. Another great cliffhanger too.

Sorry if this is all a bit vague guys, you'll see why when you get the prog...

Pete Wells

Gah, of course that should say Prog 1807, help me mods, you're my only hope!

blixab

If my sub arrived as early as this most weeks, I think my postie would be nominated for a KTT. 

chris_askham

Bah! Too late. Thinking this was about prog 1806 I read the first paragraph, spoiler included, before the penny dropped... >:(

Pete Wells

I'm really sorry Chris. Why the fuck this forum hasn't got an edit button when every other one does is beyond me.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: chris_askham on 27 October, 2012, 09:59:42 AM
Bah! Too late. Thinking this was about prog 1806 I read the first paragraph, spoiler included, before the penny dropped... >:(
Me too. Sheeeiiiit! :/  Thought it was a joke thread or sutin...
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

SmallBlueThing

I knew it what it was about and i read it anyway, cos that's the kind of danger-baiting monster that i am! (and there's another thread around here alluding to something happening, and i couldnt wait til wednesday). I love the prog, me. And i love it when tharg pulls shizzle like this. A mod, im sure, will change the title. Accidents happen. Let's just velebrate tharg's magnificent brain.

SBT

oshii

That was ace.  Clever.  Very clever.  Bravo Mighty One.

Really good prog.  Not a duffer anywhere at the moment.

chuffsteruk

.....and, of course, my copy hasn't arrived  :(

Pioneer

Yeah same ways. First time in bloody aaaages as well. Typs.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Mine should arrive around 12 to 1 o'clock
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Pete Wells on 27 October, 2012, 09:30:57 AM
Gah, of course that should say Prog 1807, help me mods, you're my only hope!

Done!

Pete Wells

Cheers Mike, I've had a knot in my stomach all morning!

Jim_Campbell

Wow. That was quite audacious. [spoiler]I had a brief double-take there before the penny dropped with Simp, but then Low Life, too...! Brilliantly done. Hats off to all the droids and a splendid rejoinder to those who were critical of the Mighty One for allowing three Dredd-world strips in the prog at the same time.[/spoiler]

ABCs continues to barrel along at a pace that seems to leave me unconcerned, oblivious even, to plot holes and anachronisms and just manages to be enormous fun.

Brass Sun sets off echoes of Feersum Endjinn this week but breezes right past this as a bit of incidental detail and continues to mystify and delight in equal measure.

Another top prog. It baffles me why anyone who claims to like comics isn't buying 2000AD; it's almost always good and at the moment it's positively spectacular. In the last few years, at it's 'worst' the prog has been comfortably better than about 90% of everything else published in mainstream comics, at it's best (like now) there's pretty much nothing to touch it.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rog69

Brilliant  :o

Just when you think the prog can't possibly get any better, they raise the bar again.