Main Menu

Prog 1807 - We love Gavin Leahy!

Started by Pete Wells, 27 October, 2012, 09:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

I completely missed the link but then I've only been reading Dredd for the last few weeks and then just piling the Progs up next to the bed.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: elspurioso on 01 November, 2012, 06:09:19 PM

As your three loyal script-droids said in a recently-conducted interview about all this (behind-the-scenesery is coming - keep an eye out), We Got Drunk And Thought It Would Be Funny.

Very much looking forward to that one. Congratulations to all for such a magnificent and hopefully not too horrible job.

NapalmKev

Fantastic Prog!!! Very well done to all concerned!!!

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

TordelBack

Quote from: elspurioso on 01 November, 2012, 06:09:19 PMWe Got Drunk And Thought It Would Be Funny.

Alcohol.  Is there nothing it can't do?

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 November, 2012, 07:46:23 AM
Quote from: elspurioso on 01 November, 2012, 06:09:19 PMWe Got Drunk And Thought It Would Be Funny.

Alcohol.  Is there nothing it can't do?
Get you pregers by itself?

Quit seriouesly though, looking forward to how the collaberation woked on this one. It's far more clever than anything the big two could have thought of. :lol:

Fisticuffs

QuoteThe best thing about all this - the really very best thing - is that is was done for no particular reason.

As your three loyal script-droids said in a recently-conducted interview about all this (behind-the-scenesery is coming - keep an eye out), We Got Drunk And Thought It Would Be Funny.

The we sobered up and realised how much hard work it'd be, and the funniness went away. So we got drunk again.

Well a massive well done to all that were involved, thank you!  :) I've read 1807 more times than the last 4 progs put together.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 02 November, 2012, 08:23:41 AM
QuoteThe best thing about all this - the really very best thing - is that is was done for no particular reason.

The we sobered up and realised how much hard work it'd be, and the funniness went away. So we got drunk again.

Well a massive well done to all that were involved, thank you!  :) I've read 1807 more times than the last 4 progs put together.

Yeah, me too. I usually red once and delete - but I've read this one three times so far. It's a damned masterpiece.

judge devs

Quote from: staticgirl on 01 November, 2012, 10:08:17 AM
I took the comic out to read whilst I was waiting for the music to start at the Neffs gig last night. I was kinda hoping someone would ask me what this cool looking comic I was looking at was but I soon forgot about the outside world.

Had I realised this I'd have rushed in from O'Neills earlier then I did  ;)

I'd have been easy to spot I was wearing on of these:

http://www.plastichead.com/cat_images/large/PH7297.jpg

Good gig, but hate the say it Leeds the night before was better  ;)

Mikey

Hurray! I feel sorry for you lot though, you're going to have to keep the baubles coming or we'll collectivley loose the wool.

The whole thing reminds me of the discussion round these parts years ago about having a single tale told from the perspective of different Justice Divisions - it was agreed Tek and Med would be boring, so you can leave those out if you have plans.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

mogzilla

even though i peeked at the spoilers i was surprised and chuffed to bits how it seamlessly blended from the dredd to the simping detective stories brilliant prog.

Zarjazzer

Prog of the century.Flinty's  Dredd roaring off on his lawmaster was a fantastic image and the stories dovetailing was still astounding even though I knew it was coming.No faves this week it was all incredible.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

judda fett

Nowt new to add, 'kin amazing prog! I weep for anyone leaving it on the shelf at the minute.

Frank

If Tharg's hawking IP's around Hollywood, the first volume of Brass Sun is the first thing he should be shoving under the nodes of idea-hungry execs. Teenage heroine, check; fantasy setting, check; fully realised worlds and a quest/revenge structure that lends itself to multiple installments of a series, check. Griffin Mill would pitch it as Harry Potter meets The Hunger Games and The Wizard of Oz.

Stick a Jennifer or a Jessica in the lead role and Tharg will be snorting plastic packing chips off the tits of eager starlets in Bel-Air, while Tom Hanks tries to convince him he was born to play Johnny Alpha. 1807's Doom Patrol lamp-headed predators stalking through the cornfield made for a creepily cinematic image, and provided a great visual contrast with the mechanistic and snowbound environments of the previous episodes.

maryanddavid

Avoided this thread, great prog, seamless crossover(hell for the casfiles in 10 years!)

Brass Sun great, and Langleys art is just great. I do like his photoshoppery stuff, some of his Slaine is just brilliant and some not so good. His line art is great.

Perfect prog.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: maryanddavid on 04 November, 2012, 12:42:51 AM
...great prog, seamless crossover (hell for the casfiles in 10 years!)

And yet part of the genuis on display here is not only the crossovers; but the fact that each strip works so well on its own. Dredd, Simp and LL in 1808 all follow seamlessly on from their respective episodes in 1807.
@jamesfeistdraws