Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Dark Justice

Started by Dash Decent, 22 August, 2014, 11:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

radiator

Apestrife

Can't wait till I get to read it in one go, in collected form. Not only is the art incredible, but I liked the story as well. Very tight, show don't tell. And not only does it continue on Necropolis and Day of Chaos, but it also manages to feel like a brilliant jumping on point. Feeling both old school and fresh at the same time.

And while it wasn't as scary (throughout) as I hoped I really like how Anderson and Dredd turns the tables on the JD:s and goes to town with them.

Bring on July :)

Tjm86

Quote from: radiator on 13 May, 2015, 08:40:37 PM
Erm... What's a bookplate?

The Urban Warfare edition was a card stock limited edition print signed by Flint.  Same size as the book.

robert_ellis

A bookplate is something you think you need. It's exciting to open. Then you have the anxiety of it getting damaged. Next you'll toy with the idea of framing it but decide it'll scare the children. One day you'll open the book without thinking and it'll blow away. It's pointless. I've ordered the special edition. I never learn.

Recrewt

Quote from: Apestrife on 12 May, 2015, 09:07:53 PM
What's up with the spines  >:(

I'm surprised by how wide those spines look.  Not a criticism, but I wouldn't have thought there was enough material for them to have ended up being so wide.  They look like the Mek Files in width.

Bat King

Quote from: robert_ellis on 14 May, 2015, 02:51:19 PM
A bookplate is something you think you need. It's exciting to open. Then you have the anxiety of it getting damaged. Next you'll toy with the idea of framing it but decide it'll scare the children. One day you'll open the book without thinking and it'll blow away. It's pointless. I've ordered the special edition. I never learn.

Love it!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Apestrife

Quote from: Recrewt on 14 May, 2015, 08:43:58 PM
I'm surprised by how wide those spines look.  Not a criticism, but I wouldn't have thought there was enough material for them to have ended up being so wide.  They look like the Mek Files in width.

Apparently quite a lot of extras in there. The story itself is 66 pages, with the total page count clocking 96.

Fingers crossed it includes A Night in Sylvia Plath from 2000ad #1892, 1893.

Spikes

Some lucky so-and-so over on CAF recently posted up the original art for the cover.

Now, I wasn't the biggest fan of Dark Justice, but this art is simply stunning.

Bat King

My preview is up [url#Out next Month - Dark Justice

Hardback £14.99/$24.99

https://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/2015/06/01/judge-dredd-dark-justice-by-john-wagner-and-greg-staples-spoiler-light-includes-preview-pages/]on my blog[/url]

I've included a count of the art pages as promised (22 of them) with a brief description of what they are. The pencils & unlettered pages are the first 5 pages (so that's 10 of the 22).

This looks like it will look perfect on paper.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Apestrife

Awesome  :D

Can't wait till I get my copy!