Main Menu

Red Seas - Digital Collection

Started by Bat King, 11 March, 2015, 05:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

You've been in IT for how long!? No wonder you're sick of it. Did you start off trying to make smart munitions for the Western Front?
@jamesfeistdraws

Fungus

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 March, 2015, 12:17:50 PM
You've been in IT for how long!? No wonder you're sick of it. Did you start off trying to make smart munitions for the Western Front?

100 binary, actually 4.

Hello, is this thing on?

Hawkmumbler

Dr X is almost always bitter on this subject. Would you recommend turning him off and on again?

Pyroxian

Quote from: Bat King on 12 March, 2015, 12:14:52 AM
For all the Paper Haters out there it is great news... I still prefer paper.

I love paper - unfortunately the size of flat I can afford to rent means I can't have as much of it as I'd like :(

The Monarch

Guys you know digital first usually means digital first print later right?

The Adventurer

QuoteThis, this is the beginning of the end.

The beginning of the end of not having access to all of Red Seas?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bat King

Quote from: The monarch on 17 March, 2015, 10:28:48 PM
Guys you know digital first usually means digital first print later right?

It can't really 'usually' mean something in this case as it is the first Digital Furst from 2000AD. Hence speculation. Where would this forum be without wild speculation?
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Any chance of a review there, Bat King? How does it work as massive digital edition? My buyin' finger is getting twitchy.

IndigoPrime

Digital-first simply means that particular collection is first on digital, nothing more. I imagine if it somehow sells like hot cakes, Rebellion might consider a print run, but be mindful this series has already had two aborted starts in paper. My hope is this bespoke collection might see other titles that perhaps aren't viable in print (or where a reprint isn't viable) being made more widely available in digital form.

Bat King

To a paper fan like me it was a slog to get through :(

But it looks good, double pages display quite well on the reader on my PC and I assume will look better on a proper reader like a Kindle or Kobo (if these work on Kobo, no idea what is compatible with what).
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Hawkmumbler

Gonna nab these come payday, generally speaking Ye-Owl's double page spreads look a treat on the Ipad app.

The Adventurer

Certainly better then in print when the center art gets lost in the gutter

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dan Banks

Finally finished book 1. What a journey! Particularly enjoyed the shorter stories in the second half of the book (Newton vs Werewolves and the WW2 story). The WW2 story to close out book 1 really blew my mind actually, the scope of the series just seemed to grow enormously. No idea how this story plays out in book 2 but it's been great fun so far and I'll be starting book 2 imminently.

My previous Red Seas exposure was the very first story (the hardcover was really cheap on amazon) and the very last story which ran just as I started reading the prog so the majority of this was completely new to me which I'm sure helps. No jaded memories of later stories.

Also, I have to say, the identity of the Lost World Empress was a bit of a shock. Quite a dramatic change for that character, proabably TOO dramatic although I can just about live with it.

IndigoPrime

I think the main problem with Red Seas was how it ran in the Prog, rather than the story itself. I imagine it works rally nicely barreling along in collected form.

Colin YNWA

My re-read from the Progs certainly supports that - though to be fair I loved it when it was running so I'm possibly best not taken too much notice of (as ever!).