Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Tjm86

You know, part of me feels really shitty and perhaps I should be posting on the Black Dog Thread right now.  On one level it's been a really crappy day.  I've had nothing but grief and criticism for a lot of what I've tried to do.  Part of me feels like a complete and utter failure.

Then I stop and think... I've got two great kids and a fantastic wife.  I've got a kid in one of my classes who have parents that don't want them and have to deal with the belief that they don't matter but turn up each day.  I've got a kid who has a brother in hospital with a serious medical condition and a mother out of her mind with worry.  I've got kids who have been pretty much written off as a waste of space but keep on fighting.  I've got a colleague who has a son with Leukaemia. Who the hell am I to think I've had a crappy day? 

I want to shout: "Derek Slade! Screw you!"  I got through today.  My arm is killing me and I can't sleep for more than a few hours without turning over and screaming in pain.  But I'm still going.   

Here's to another fun filled week.

Taryn Tailz

Thank you everyone for your kind words. :)

Yesterday I went out in public as Taryn for the first time. Granted I was at my trans support group in Newcastle, but it felt nice to have people calling me Taryn while sitting in the sun and drinking a Frappe. :P hehe

Earlier in the day I'd been washing my hands in 'Frankie & Bennie's' bathroom, still men's bathroom of course, and a bloke walks in, takes one look at me from behind, and walks out again after saying 'Sorry love, thought this was the men's room'. I'm officially doing something right, even without medical intervention. haha

Banners

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim)Yesterday I went out in public as Taryn for the first time...

Good on yer.

Been doing a little bit of work related to the forthcoming International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia on May 17th. Hopefully things like that will make it easier for you in the future.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Banners on 06 May, 2016, 11:47:59 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim)Yesterday I went out in public as Taryn for the first time...

Good on yer.

Been doing a little bit of work related to the forthcoming International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia on May 17th. Hopefully things like that will make it easier for you in the future.

I hope so Banners. People like yourself doing such work is the way forward for us all. :)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 06 May, 2016, 11:13:59 PM

Yesterday I went out in public as Taryn for the first time. Granted I was at my trans support group in Newcastle, but it felt nice to have people calling me Taryn while sitting in the sun and drinking a Frappe. :P hehe

Earlier in the day I'd been washing my hands in 'Frankie & Bennie's' bathroom, still men's bathroom of course, and a bloke walks in, takes one look at me from behind, and walks out again after saying 'Sorry love, thought this was the men's room'. I'm officially doing something right, even without medical intervention. haha

Fair play; glad it's working out for you! Wonder if the bloke went to the women's then? ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 May, 2016, 12:10:31 AM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 06 May, 2016, 11:13:59 PM

Fair play; glad it's working out for you! Wonder if the bloke went to the women's then? ;)

As I was leaving F&B's, I did happen to notice him walking towards the ladies. I can only imagine the confusion that followed for him. :P haha

The Legendary Shark

Tjm - hope your arm improves soon, that kind of constant pain can really get you down if you're not careful.

Taryn - good stuff!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

von Boom

Tjm, hope that arm gets better rapidly.

Taryn, good for you. I sound as if you are getting on really well.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 May, 2016, 08:56:25 AM
Congrats Taryn.  Big step.

Yep.  I remember my time in Thailand; the trans thing is so (famously) normal there that nobody really pays much heed to it.  I knew a waiter that was in the middle of making up his / her* mind which gender to assume - s/he dressed as a female when I met him / her first, then a male when I returned a few months later.  Barely anybody passed comment

*they have a third-gender pronoun over there for trans people over there; I believe (not that my Thai extended beyond a few pleasantries) - I would imagine it make things much easier.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tjm86

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 May, 2016, 02:38:02 AM
Tjm - hope your arm improves soon, that kind of constant pain can really get you down if you're not careful.

Taryn - good stuff!

Cheers folks.  I cannot recommend damaging the Rotator Cuff strongly enough.  No, seriously ... I definitely cannot recommend damaging it.

BTW Taryn, glad to see things going so well for you.

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 07 May, 2016, 01:17:11 PM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 07 May, 2016, 08:56:25 AM
Congrats Taryn.  Big step.

Yep.  I remember my time in Thailand; the trans thing is so (famously) normal there that nobody really pays much heed to it.

Historically speaking, it's been normal in pretty much every culture. Discrimination is very much a recent trend, largely thanks to western culture.

Taryn Tailz

I swear I'm not trying to turn this into the trans positivity thread :P but:

It was only when thinking today that I realised how much has changed for me in the last year. This time last year I was desperately fighting off my feelings, hiding them in the hope that no one would notice. I'd always assumed it would get better with time, but after many years I finally realised that wasn't the case. Twelve months ago I'd done nothing towards transition, now I've been through therapy, had my GIC referral, come out to my family, chosen a name, replaced about 40% of my wardrobe (so far) with female clothes, made many trans friends, and begun to experiment with basic makeup

I honestly hadn't realised how much I'd achieved already. :)

The Legendary Shark

Glad to hear you're on the right track and blossoming, Taryn - more power to ya!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]