Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slithy

Really looking forward to this. I'm thinking of bringing a few progs to get signed, but with the stellar line-up, it's hard to choose which ones!

Dolman

Quote from: slithy on 07 January, 2017, 09:31:07 PM
Really looking forward to this. I'm thinking of bringing a few progs to get signed, but with the stellar line-up, it's hard to choose which ones!
I'll bring my Art of Judge Dredd!

jacob g

I'm not a big autograph guy but I think I'll get my Trifecta HC to get signatures from rest of the team (got Si and Al).
margaritas ante porcos

Bolt-01

What to bring? hmm... S/D- Dogs of War so I can thanks John & Carlos for including Whistler in the strip, and maybe get them to take a photo with my Gronk!

Nano-bolt is coming with me and she is going to be delivering the Gronk commission to Large 48 that she has been working on.

shaolin_monkey

I think I'll bring that book of law and fill it with signatures and sketches.

Colin YNWA

I've been thinking about this quite a bit too. I have a few signatures to finish of my copy of Prog 1809 signed by all the creators, so that comes. A few others I'd like to get specific scribbles on and my Tharg sketch book in which I've been slowly collecting pictures of Tharg so that and my regular sketch book comes.

The question is I have a couple of bits of original art I'd like signing by the artists involved but that'll be a ball ache to lug around with me... so can't make my mind up on that one...

COMMANDO FORCES

Get the artwork signed straight away and then take that back to your room.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 08 January, 2017, 02:48:46 PM
Get the artwork signed straight away and then take that back to your room.

Yeah that does seem sensible - gotta be worth taking down its just knowing when folk will be around and available for signing. At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to be staying at the Novotel. I'm playing a game of chicken with the room prices and still haven't booked a hotel!

Bolt-01

Hotel booked. Friday night so all rested for Saturday.

Molch-R

We're sad to report that, due to ill health, Cam Kennedy will no longer be attending the 40th anniversary show. He says he is "gutted" he can't make it and we wish him a swift recovery.

moly

Someone said threea are going to have a booth at the 40th anyone know who else is going to have booths there?

matty_ae

I remember a Bristol (?) Con where Al Ewing either wore the Tharg mask for ages and was absolutely hilarious. Or it was really Tharg doing an Al Ewing impression.

Unless I'm mis-remembering.

Any way - I WANT SOMEONE IN THE THARG MASK.

Goaty

sbelmont

Great idea, Tharg as Al Ewing was a great fixture of many a panel in Bristol.

COMMANDO FORCES

There's also an event coinciding with the 40th festivities in Margate, which is in Kent.

It's a 2000 AD Original Art Exhibition as part of Geek 2017 and it runs from the 17th to the 19th of February and it will be showing rare and unseen artwork from the Prog. It's at Dreamland and you can find it on the web and all that...