Main Menu

Prog 2015 - Invaders Must Die!

Started by flip-r mk2, 20 January, 2017, 01:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 January, 2017, 12:15:21 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 January, 2017, 12:02:31 PM
One thing I will say though, was I the only one who thought the shadowy master of swordplay in Dredd would turn out to be [spoiler]Shimura[/spoiler]?

Probably!  ;)
Oh, wait, feck, is Shimura dead these days?! Did I miss a trick there?

TordelBack

I thought Shimura too. Don't think we've seen him for a decade, and it seems very Carrollish to bring g him into Dredd and tie him into something larger.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 January, 2017, 05:47:26 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 January, 2017, 12:02:31 PM
... was I the only one who thought the shadowy master of swordplay in Dredd would turn out to be [spoiler]Shimura[/spoiler]?

My guess is that we're about to learn that the MC branch of Sector Zero is just one cell in a global network dedicated to imposing a unified justice system.

That would be interesting.

Dredd says Stabby O'Flykiller is one of three Sector Zero employees who went freelance following Chaos Day. We've already met one, Gideon Dallas ('The Empath'), so even though Dredd says Justice Department have been hunting Bluebottle Shortswordson for years, I don't expect him to be a character who predates Day Of Chaos.

Now Carroll's introduced the idea there were three escapees, and this story is supposed to be about the hunt for one of them, you've got to think there'll be a switch, where it turns out  [ONLY SPECULATION]  [spoiler]the third escapee is another character in this story, to whom we've already been introduced. Brass is the obvious candidate; Duke would take more explaining, unless his job title is 'The Shapeshifter'*[/spoiler].

Do you think Slash McBuggin is one of them buttplug-faced cyborgs from Carroll's DeMarco stories (Meg 367-370)?

* But then there's still those [spoiler]letters he writes to his dad[/spoiler]. That would be a pretty elaborate piece of misdirection.