Main Menu

New 2000 AD e-book - Judge Anderson: The Abyss

Started by Alec Worley, 10 December, 2015, 11:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alec Worley

Wotcha!

I got a new Judge Anderson e-novella out tomorrow and it's called 'The Abyss'. I'd show you the cover, but I still can't figure out how you load images onto this drokking thing (I'm clearly not too hot on hyperlinks either), so here's a promo teaser instead...

Psi Division, Quarterly Psyche Evaluation
Subject: Cassandra Anderson.
Date: 2100 AD

"I think I figured out what's been keeping me awake at night, Doc. I made full eagle less than three months ago and I can say for sure there's one thing the Academy can't prepare you for, and that's the level of full-on crazy this city can throw at you. What you see on the crime scenes is nothing compared to what I see in some people's heads – delusions as real to them as rockrete is to us. The Academy taught us not to fall in, right? Don't let the abyss gaze back at you and all that? It's weird. I'm not scared of getting shot. I can tell if a perp's gonna draw on me before he knows himself. I know exactly who's waiting for me around every corner. There's not much chance of anyone ever surprising me. Grud on a greenie, I can't imagine what it's like for Street Div walking into hell every day with just a Lawgiver and a prayer.

"With an edge like ours, it's easy to feel like you're invincible, right? That's why the instructors keep telling you Resyk's full of Psis who thought they were bulletproof. Heh! What they didn't tell us is how many of us will end up in a kook cube by the time we're 40. So here's... Okay, here's what scares me, alright? I'm scared that one day all those voices in the city are gonna get a little too loud, a little too many and a little too real. That there're going to start crowding in until I can't breathe, until I can't tell what's me and what's them. I'm not scared this city will kill me, Doc. I'm scared that one day it might drive me crazy..."

Really hope you like this, guys. I flat-out LOVE Judge Anderson (despite her being the toughest character to write – ever! Dredd is a cakewalk next to writing her. FACT!). I'm really after exploring her unique perspective on the Meg, what she has to deal with, and the conflicts that make her the woman she is – as well as including all the cool stuff like putting her psychic powers to different uses and having her pummel bad guys or shoot them in them face.

Anyways, the e-book's out tomorrow but is already on pre-order and it's only £2.99! I mean, c'mon!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Abyss-Judge-Anderson-Rookie-ebook/dp/B015FXUYFC/ref=pd_sim_351_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=41MZl6ucJHL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR104%2C160_&refRID=00TYQ0CZTP3X680B1539

The previous adventure (which you don't have to read in order to dig this one) is called 'Heartbreaker'...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Heartbreaker-Judge-Anderson-Rookie-Book-ebook/dp/B00OJE7WBI/ref=pd_sim_351_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Nz4vgGeoL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR104%2C160_&refRID=08QG7K6N0BYBTVWEBPM8

People really liked that one and it's even cheaper than this new one!

Cheers
Alec

James Stacey

Toni Scandella

Looking forward to this. Have had it on preorder for a couple of weeks :)

Anzati

I have bought both of these...but when it comes to reading I'm a bit of a dinosaur and struggle with digital...i really hope these get collected into a nice physical book :)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Alec Worley on 10 December, 2015, 11:46:09 AM
I got a new Judge Anderson e-novella out tomorrow and it's called 'The Abyss'. I'd show you the cover, but I still can't figure out how you load images onto this drokking thing

Good work that man!

Cover and details have been in the Forthcoming Thrills thread since September: Click!

...but all publicity is good publicity.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheridan

I don't have an e-reader (tried some emulation thing from amazon, but it didn't work).

Hoping this will go down the same route as the Year One stories - one more and they get released in book form!

COMMANDO FORCES

You can read it on your smart phone, if you download the Kindle app!

Hawkmumbler

Noice! Been holding back on all of Mr. Carrols Dredd-world novela and this'll be added to the list as well, seeing as I have a nice big Kindle voucher to splash out on!