Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

But the film would have been dwarfed by his ego, shortened to the attention span of the action hero movie-goer and wittled down to nothing of the Dredd we know.

And they'd have made a fortune. ;)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 05 January, 2013, 05:48:33 PM
But the film would have been dwarfed by his ego, shortened to the attention span of the action hero movie-goer and wittled down to nothing of the Dredd we know.

And you know this how..? Can't think of any other examples of movies being 'dwarfed by his ego'..!

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 05 January, 2013, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: Zarjazzer on 05 January, 2013, 05:48:33 PM

And you know this how..? Can't think of any other examples of movies being 'dwarfed by his ego'..!

I am merely jesting at his supposed lack of height.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Richmond Clements

He's not short!
He's the same height as me, and I'm not short... ummmm... ;-)

HdE

RICHMOND CLEMENTS IS STANDING ON A BOX!!!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

shaolin_monkey

Just watched The Darkest Hour. Reasonable popcorn fodder I suppose. Nice to see Olivia Thirlby in something other than Dredd, though I can't say it was a standout performance. Some shonky 3D effects, but streets ahead of Underworld and Shark Night 3D.

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 05 January, 2013, 06:02:47 PM
He's not short!
He's the same height as me, and I'm not short... ummmm... ;-)

You look tall in your pictures. I'm 5foot 8 in my heels so I'm hardly William Wallace.

shaolin_monkey

Just watched A Turtles Tale. It was a fairly soppy animated tale of 50 years in the life of a greenback turtle.  It had some interesting observations about human impact on the environment, and some thrills and spills on the way. Fairly entertaining, and I expect the kids will enjoy it.

However, there was one stand-out thing about it: the 3D! I think it even beat Brave for its excellent use of the medium. Shitloads of 'pop out of the screen' stuff, but this was nicely balanced with loads of depth stuff. A journey through the middle of a coral reef was a particularly fine 3D visual feast. If you have 3D tv this is definitely one to get.

radiator

The Cabin in the Woods.

Fun movie. Felt very 1990s, but then all of Joss Whedon's stuff does to me.

Frank

Quote from: HdE on 05 January, 2013, 06:37:45 PM
RICHMOND CLEMENTS IS STANDING ON A BOX!!!

He could be doing that thing Noisybast described Urban doing when he had his picture taken with fans; rising onto the tips of his toes just before the shutter clicks, so he always looks taller than everyone else in photos. I'm hoping Richmond takes this opportunity to re-post his trophy pic of himself nuzzling the very-tall-anyway Urban, because I could do with something to beat off to.

Richmond Clements

Frank

Zarjazzer

it's that incredible shirt which may have psychotropic effects built in. :o :crazy:

Tiplodocus

I ikethe heavage he's showing.

Has that picture been on Threadjacking yet?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

El Chivo

The Chernobyl Diaries

Pretty decent mutant/zombie shocker, no real surprises, nicely done (& a very attractive blonde in it to boot) pleasant surprise after watching some real stinkers lately (Red Lights take the stage please..)

Defiance

Awesome, awesome movie about Jews escaping horrid Nazis, Wolverine's brother is especially good as ..erm James Bond's brother

Cheers

Chi