Main Menu

Where dust goes to gather...

Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

My entire collection of comics and GNs is in one big pile at the end of my room (I dwell in the attic) where there's enough dust to fill twelve universes. It's like some black hole which must constantly be fed with money.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Carroll

I've got two large rooms full of comics, graphic novels and assorted memorabilia. But that's allowed because Leonia has two rooms full of books. Plus we have the sitting-room full of DVDs and videos.

If we ever have any kids we're screwed for space...

Floyd-the-k

I miss my mean machine and dredd mugs. Are they still available?  

However I'm not properly nerdy because I drank coffee out of mine and gave the action figures to my son to play with

yours wearing a Rogue tshirt and Phantom boxer shorts as he types

I, Cosh

Phantom boxer shorts

Are those like invisible pants?
We never really die.

Trout

Oooh! I'd love more Star Wars stuff.

Nice.

COMMANDO FORCES

How could you Floyd.

You actually used your mug to drink fluids out of. It makes me ill just thinking about it. Mine just have dust in them, lol.

TordelBack

Nice collection, vzzbux -just one question:  what does the (awesome) helmetless Stormie have on his back?  It's not an accessory I recognise.

Oh yeah, another question:  I see you have the Endor Walker - is it worth getting for the Scout Trooper with openable faceplate?   It's pretty heavy money.

(Retreats to flagellate himself with GQ and the Sports pages of a tabloid).

Wils

Heh. I've got all bar the Mean and Rico mugs and they all get used on a day-to-day basis. The print on the edge of Don Uggie one is starting to get a bit pale now, though. Although it's the right thing for some people, I couldn't buy 2000ad stuff and keep them in their boxes and not use them. I'm not knocking those who do, and have them proudly on display, but it's personally not for me. I know some people squirrel stuff away as well in an attempt to artificially raise their worth and rub their hands together at how fucking clever they are(#) but I think that's just wrong, tbh. In Wils' land of 2000 ad/other comics merchandise; mugs are to drink out of, t-shirts are to be worn, statues and the like are to have pride of place (and are another thing that needs dusting) and comics, no matter how old or "rare", are to be read and enjoyed by as many people as possible.

But that's probably just me. ;)

(#) Cue photo of Orangutan with Prog-Array.

Wils

I like his collection of Snowtroopers, who for some reason remind me of a Royal Artillery Concert Party.

'It Ain't Half Cold, Mum'

Meet the gang, 'cos the troops are here
The troops to terminate you
With tripods and cannons to help you on your way
We'll hang you from rafters with a "Hey! Hey! Hey!"
With guns, snow boots and At-Ats we drive
With us about you won't survive
So meet the gang, 'cos the troops are here
The troops to terminate you
T, R, O O P S
Troops to Terminate you!

Ugnaught: "A day that takes us through the darkness, a day that leads us into life ..."

Darth Vader: "SILENCE!"

I, Cosh

I like his collection of Snowtroopers

I feel a bit sorry for the old, yellowed one who's having to have a sit down because he's lost his skirt thing.
We never really die.

TordelBack

Kama, Cosh it's called a kama. Definitely not a little vinyl skirt.   Sheesh, what do they teach kids these days...

Trout

This thread is a special haven of geek.

Welcome one and all!

(I drink tea out of my Dark Judges mugs. I even had the Mean one at work for months!)

- Trout

vzzbux

the backpack on the stormtrooper is from the hoth accessory set in the saga collection.
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

vzzbux

the scout trooper is defo worth getting out of the Endor ATAT...But the one from the Commemorative collection is much better.
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.