Main Menu

Where dust goes to gather...

Started by Trout, 18 September, 2007, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: SIP on 16 December, 2016, 07:46:32 PM
My 38 year quest for a complete standard loose set* of vintage Star Wars figures draws perilously close to an end. Just a last 17 Ewok left to acquire (warok).

Man, those "last 17" figures have really shot up in price in the last couple of years.....I passed on a few of them a few years back as they were way too expensive. Wish I hadn't now as they were relatively cheap compared to what they cost now! Have recently got rid of all my modern 3.75 inch figures to fund these and my growing 1/6 (bad) habit.

* not including the two expensive variants : vinyl cape jawa and blue snaggletooth!

Nice collection. Mid life crisis has hit here so I've started to collect the original figure again in a vain attempt to recapture my 10 year old self. Have Chewbacca and Obi Wan so far...It's going well.
If anyone wants to sell any doubles of the original figures (77-85) then please let me know. Thanks!

SIP

It's fair to say that I filled most of the gaps in this collection about 5 years ago......which was just prior to me turning 40, so midlife crisis probably is appropriate. I do have a terrible collecting illness though!  Probably about a third of these figures are my actual childhood ones.

Tony Angelino

I initially thought you had a shelf for each film but I see you have had to add a few interlopers on to the Episode IV shelf.

SIP

Yeah , there are a lot more jedi figures......and less new hope. The biggest crime though is the massive over representation of ewok!

Proudhuff

Should we re-start this thread and update everyone's photos?

DDT did a job on me

lincnash

SIP made me aware of this thread, hopefully its still alive.
Been collecting toys and Prog's for a third of a Century.  :o
So I will be posting pic's of my collections.
Stay tuned.

lincnash

I'll start with a non-2000AD kit-bash of mine.
Around 2001 my idea of custom, was to put some extra kit on a figure.  ::)
Check my custom 3A/2000AD fig's in the 3A thread to see I have progressed (only slightly  :P).

My kit-bash of members of the 101st P.I.R. on D-Day (WW2).
Google "Filthy 13 + D-Day"" for more info if you are interested.

21st Century Toys Jeep and 2 figures.
Also 2 Dragon Models Ltd figures (a lot superior to 21st).
I really appreciate the earlier release stuff.
To see how Hot Toys, Sideshow etc got their influences and how much progress has been made with man dollies.
Sorry "Collectible Action Figures"  :lol:
I'll stay with one pic of each set to keep my posts short, but will post more if there's interest.
Just ask.

SIP

Sad to see that all of the photobucket nonsense means that a lot of the pictures on the thread have disappeared.

lincnash

Usually save my pic's on my PC before using an image host.
So sad and frustrating the photobucket drokkers have screwed the world over. >:(

lincnash

Sticking with the D-Day theme.
Of course, the British were not going get out done in the crazy-brave stakes.
My kit-bash of a 6th Airborne Division Trooper, D-Day 1944.

Apparently, they ditched the Jump Helmet quickly after landing.
With Nat-zee's trying to kill you everywhere, they chose to wear their bright Maroon Beret !.
Shortly after D-Day (due to many head-wounds) the order was "no beret's in combat".
Originally maroon beret's, the S.A.S. changed to the now famous Tan (their L.R.D.G. roots, in the desert).

Replica Ginger Flock, GI Joe (Cotswold Collectible's), with (2001) 21st Century Toys uniform and kit.
All molded pieces, but a really good representation of the Military kit of the time.

JamesC

lincnash

Cheers JimboC, glad you like him.  :)
I figured a crazy Para running around France, must be a Ginger  ;).

Every collection has to have the "bad guys", to battle your "heroes" right ?.
I'll stay with D-Day, but move over to the Dark Side, cue Vader's March music.
German NCO, Normandy 1944.

I had only seen B&W, historical pic's of WW2 German Camouflage.
When I saw this uniform set (semi-accurate) it blew me away.
The "blocky" pattern with artificial "rain" was so cool.

German Panzer Grenadier, Normandy 1944.

The Grenadier is wearing a "Zeltbahn" (camouflage Poncho) over his uniform.
You could combine 4 Zeltbahns together, to make a 4-man tent !.
Armed with a "Panzerfaust", English translation = Tank-Fist (for punching holes in Tanks obviously !).

Since I was a kid, I have found this stuff so fascinating.
The creative ways Humans find to destroy each other. :o

sheridan

Quote from: Bart Oliver on 14 February, 2008, 10:05:17 AM
++ Postal Offer Boba ++

Hacking names out of backing boards with a blunt pair of scissors- arhhh the memories indeed.

IIRC I got Dengar and the Emperor that way too.

Nien Numb for me.

sheridan

Quote from: judda fett on 16 July, 2011, 01:07:13 PM
Apologies if its big- Loose Spideys.

London Under London - a great book!

Hawkmumbler

Through the power of thread necromancy I convey this message.

I've caught the Transformers figures bug. I picked up a few from In Demand Toys at MCM Bham a few weeks back for a bargain and found the engineering to be much improved from the chunky spring loaded blocks of the early 2000's. Cindersaur, Triggerhappy and Hun-Gurrr are great figures and it's convinced me to dip my toe a bit more into the recent lines.

This wont become a problem, i'm sure....