Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

hippynumber1

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 December, 2016, 03:58:48 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 31 December, 2016, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 30 December, 2016, 10:53:18 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 29 December, 2016, 09:23:04 PM
I know its not the point but can we see a photo of your work table? That' jewel' design we see glimpses off feels so familar to me but I have no context of how the table as a whole works?

As the Falcon seems to be getting ever closer I don't want to leave this thread without at least once seeing its unsung co-star.

I've been admiring that table too :)

You guys are...weird.  :lol:

Oh come on we have over 13000 posts on a comic forum, you excepted well adjusted?

These things are all relative but fair point, well made.

hippynumber1

Because you demanded it: here's the Edwardian drinks' tray I bought (for a pittance, I might add) specifically for working on the fiddlier sections of the falcon. High sides and nice handles meant that no tiny parts could roll away unnoticed and I could carry it easier than one without handles! Sorry it isn't a table...

Colin YNWA

No, no the fact that its a victorian tray makes it all the finer. You've managed to further romanticise the whole endeavour a little more.

Oh so practical as well!

hippynumber1

Cockpit finalised and glazed

Revised battle-damage

Cockpit fixed to upper-hull

hippynumber1

Dorsal gun-turret modified and glazed

Dorsal gun-turret fixed to upper-hull; gun-well added plus access ladder to dorsal and ventral gun-wells

Dorsal gun-well light test.

hippynumber1

You'll like this: upper and lower hull finally come together.

Something Fishy

Zarjazzer

It looks so awesome all it needs is an ISD to turn up and start firing.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Colin YNWA

That's a bit special that is. Good I can't believe how close we... well okay you... are to the end.

hippynumber1

Side panels before:

...and after

And fitted:

Right between the mandibles!

A bit of torchlight required here:

hippynumber1

More side panels, before

And after

And fitted

Docking rings before

And after

And fitted

Port

Starboard

Zarjazzer

That last piccie  I half expect  Han and Chewie  to come down the ramp. Awesome stuff.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mardroid

It's lovely isn't it?

I saw a couple of issues of the Back to the Future Delorian in the W H Smiths today (I thought it had been out for a good while. Maybe the earlier one was a try-out or something). If the photograph on the back was accurate, part of me really yearned to get them, but I can't afford them right now. (Well I could just about afford the first issue, but what's the point of that?)

Sorry slightly off-topic, but not entirely unrelated. This sort of thing, classic space ships and vehicles is far more up my street than the old airfix plane type stuff, although they're nice too.

Anyway, your effort, hard work and diligence does you credit hippynumber1*, especially going that extra mile with the paint jobs and extra battle damage etc. I'm not sure I'd have the patience or skill for that, although I'd probably manage the basic assembly. Assuming the instructions are up to scatch.

(I'm curious how the finished craft looks like without the optional paint job. A side-by-side comparison of pictures would be interesting. I'm not suggesting you do that.) 

I really look forward to seeing the final shots.

*Dear me that looks patronising, but I don't mean it that way. You've done a wonderful job.

hippynumber1

There are a few people who have done the basic job on it, I'll see if I can do a side-by-side comparison at the end. I've been learning this (paint-job, battle damage, etc) as I've been going along so really appreciate the compliment; it wasn't patronising at all. I feel very proud of what I've achieved with the old hunk of junk.