Main Menu

Prog 2001 - Hungry for Thrills

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 01 October, 2016, 07:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrotnig

Overall: A great prog in a difficult "follow THAT!" situation.

Cover: Different,many it works.

Dredd: I found this unexpected and very interesting. It's also rather dark. Not sure where it's going, but I loved every minute. Plus, Trevor Hairsine!

Counterfeit Girl: I love this. Bright and colourful and great fun. The art is fantastic and suits the strip perfectly, but then, when is that ever NOT the case with Rufus?

Flesh: Never been my favourite strip but it's always been perfectly OK. Interesting done with Clint Langley's current style, I prefer it done in black and white like this. Be nice to see what this new story is about.

Hunted: This looks great and the premise is interesting. But then, I'm a sucker for anything to do with original Rogue. PJ Holden seems perfect for this.

Savage: Sometimes I think "not again, this does drag on" when Savage returns, but then whenever it does I find myself drawn into the story. I'm sure once this gets going that'll happen again. And the art is sublime, of course.

So it's a Pat Mills heavy run which seems somehow appropriate after the "real" prog 2000. In all, a solid start and it looks like I shall enjoy this run of strips.

Hawkmumbler

Well I have returned from my week long exodus to Scapa Flow only to doscover that, in the absence of ANY wifi and thus not being able to dowlnoad my prog on wednesday, the app is now no longer showcasing the prog, the damn thing wont load!

dweezil2

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 09 October, 2016, 09:15:26 AM
Well I have returned from my week long exodus to Scapa Flow only to doscover that, in the absence of ANY wifi and thus not being able to dowlnoad my prog on wednesday, the app is now no longer showcasing the prog, the damn thing wont load!

I don't do digital, but one of the other forum members said that you have to look down the bottom right of the app to find the Prog.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Hawkmumbler

Aye, just spotted it myself. Most peculiar...

Magnetica

Quote from: I, Cosh on 08 October, 2016, 11:57:43 AM
And then there's Flesh. I don't especially mind a recap episode. Not every strip gets or needs one but whatever. What I do mind is that this one is so completely disjointed that it left me almost more confused than when I started. I still can't figure out if pages 2 & 3 are supposed to be a spread or not. Awful stuff.

No I don't think they are a spread.

The dialogue ( Hail Mary ) carries on down page 2. Gorehead then gains the ability to shift in time at the bottom of page 2 and uses that to attack the herd in transit to Base 6 which is what is happening at the start of page 3.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 01 October, 2016, 10:31:23 PM
The Royal Mail in Scotland is terrible these days.  Picture below is of Emma Beeby , Gordon Rennie , Tom Foster and Colin MacNeil. 

Little wonder that all the staff down at Stevie's local mistook Tom Foster's SinDex strip in the recent SciFi Special for being the product of Bolland's biro. It's the beard. Right?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Fungus

Hm, I was looking forward to Counterfeit Girl and Flesh but the prog didn't grab me.
The positives: change of pace for Dredd was welcome and Hunted was promising with lovely PJ art. In a prog of wildly varying art styles, PJ's the one that works for me. Which is surprising as I'm a b & w fan at heart.