Main Menu

Zenith Phase 1 Hardback

Started by Bat King, 31 August, 2014, 07:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

I've reviewed Zenith Phase 1 from a pdf. It looks like everything is as originally published, without 'bext prog' dialogue.

Full review on my blog I really enjoyed rereading this.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Nice one, Bat King.  Shame about the no 'Next Progs' - sacrilege in my book.  Are any of the interludes included, or the Smash Hits-style interview?

IndigoPrime

The interludes are the one thing that concerns me about this series of hardbacks. They are totally essential for the full story of Zenith, and to be in the right spots. Previous responses on the board made me wonder whether we would get them. As for the lack of 'next prog', that's a pity in one sense, given the pop-song references!

Grant Goggans

The Phase 1 hardback has the first two Interludes: Maximan and Peyne, plus a whole pile of Brendan McCarthy character sketches that I had never seen before.

Colin YNWA

Grant - you've come back to us... now don't darken our door until you've started to Thrillpower my Thursdays again...

...oh yeah Interludes = good.

Bat King

My reply git lost but Grant responded accurately.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Cheers, gents.  Any sign of the interview/pop profile?  I think knowing that 'Jilted John' by Jilted John was young Robert's first record purchase is essential to understanding his character (or at least Eddie's).

Bat King

Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mark Taylor

Arrived today. Looks very nice indeed. Torn between reading it now and waiting until I have all four volumes on my shelf.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 24 October, 2014, 05:44:47 PM
Arrived today. Looks very nice indeed. Torn between reading it now and waiting until I have all four volumes on my shelf.

Yeah having similar ponderings myself, though think I'm going to go with waiting. It looks great though, lovely book.

Timothy

Read now, read each volume as they come along, then read them all again back to back at the end. That's my plan, anyway.

TordelBack

Quote from: Timothyjacobs on 24 October, 2014, 07:21:03 PM
Read now, read each volume as they come along, then read them all again back to back at the end. That's my plan, anyway.

Mine too.  Massively enjoyed the re-read.  Lovely, lovely thing (even without the Pop Profile).

Zenith 666

Mark you can read phase one as a stand alone it's fantastic.the series as a whole no superlative does it justice.

TordelBack

Must say that I'm really looking forward to Phase 2 now.  The first book is the most complete story, especially with the two interludes, plus, y'know, Nazis, but Phase 2 boasts Yeowell's best ever art and what must be the most straightforward narrative of Morrison's career - all the while hiding a huge amount in subtleties that are left almost entirely to Yeowell to deliver.  Which he does.

Daveycandlish

Read Phase One as a stand alone. It works well this way, but read the rest in one big splurge. Personally, I can't wait for a collected Phase Four to go with my old Titan collections from way back when.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!