Main Menu

Dan Dare the 2000AD Years

Started by Bat King, 14 September, 2015, 11:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

I've written a preview, already mentioned it in the 'Future Thrills' but putting it here in case anyone avoids that thread but wants to know more about this book.

Preview here.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Tiplodocus

I picked this up on Saturday (you don't just take the free comics on Free Comic Book Day) and what a handsome tome it is.

The artwork is the real reason I bought it (I suspect, along with every one else) and it doesn''t disappoint. Pure mad macrobiological mentalism from Massimo and gorgeous guns and guys from Gibbons.

I'd forgotten that THE HOLLOW WORLD existed entirely so that is a pleasant surprise waiting to be reread. For some reason, I thought it went straight from Biogs to Space Fort. 

And goodness, there are a lot of extras from annuals and summer specials (some I remember, most I don't).

Cute intro from Ennis as well.

Hopefully we'll see a Volume Two.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Steve Green

There's definitely a vol 2.

One of the best collections so far - really enjoyed and looking forward to the next one.

Steve Green

Picked up Vol 2 today. I've only read through to the end of the Lost Worlds saga so far.

Loved it - the occasional dodgy plot inconsistency aside (the vegetable T-1000-a-likes can't mimic weaponry one episode but can replicate a fully functional spacecraft the next)

Gibbons artwork is beautiful, and fun to spot the spacecraft cameos again in the Doomsday Machine.

Thanks to Keith and the team for putting it together, it's great to see it again.

Tjm86

I always thought that the spaceship was simply launched as a glider and was not fully functional but that's just me.

I've just finished reading and I have to admit to being impressed with the quality of reproduction.  It is a cracking piece of work and does the material justice (even if the material doesn't always do the reproduction justice).  Ian Kennedy's cover is a quality piece of work but then that is hardly surprising.

What would be great now is if Rebellion could do a deal with DDC to reprint the early Eagle stuff to the same standard.  Then again I'm still pushing for a hardback case files collection without a great deal of luck.   :(