Main Menu

*** Prog 2000 ***

Started by Dash Decent, 08 September, 2016, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkymonkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 September, 2016, 08:25:52 AM
And on a similar note Mark, what is the lower line on the Valet of the Dolls sign? Absolutely love your work, BTW.

"All jobs by hand"...

😜

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 28 September, 2016, 09:58:03 PM
It's not the same name - one's spelled J-O-E, the other's spelled J-O-S-E-P-H.   Just because a diminutive name can be short for a longer name, doesn't mean it always is.

Doesn't mean it isn't either, so I don't understand why some folks on this forum insist, on the basis of no evidence whatsoever, that it's a different name when there's a perfectly logical explanation that encompasses both.

Back in '77, or whenever Dredd's first name was revealed, it certainly wasn't as common as it is now for people's given names to be what were previously informal contractions: someone called Katy in '77 was almost certainly really called Katherine, someone called Jim was almost certainly really called James, and someone called Joe was almost certainly really called Joseph.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Frank

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 29 September, 2016, 09:11:08 AM
I don't understand why some folks on this forum insist ... that it's a different name

Who says that?

TordelBack

Quote from: inkymonkey on 29 September, 2016, 08:33:07 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 29 September, 2016, 08:25:52 AM
And on a similar note Mark, what is the lower line on the Valet of the Dolls sign? Absolutely love your work, BTW.

"All jobs by hand"...

😜

Arf! Cheers for that!

Satanist

Brilliiant prog and a phenomenal achievement to get all these greats together.

Hats off to all involved.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

TordelBack

One of my (many) favourite bits in Prog 2000v.2 was Boo's page: seems so rare to see a group shot with the 'new' characters, great to be reminded of how much good stuff the Rebellion era has given us.

JayzusB.Christ

A rare occurrence - I liked every story in the prog.  Well done, all.

Really didn't see the Dredd crossover coming; and I found Nemesis's antics with the Torquemada holy relics as nasty and disturbing as a  Nemesis story by Mills and O'Neill should be.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Taryn Tailz

Tharg was clearly so pleased to have me back on board with this prog, that when going through the self-service at WHSmiths I was charged £2.55 instead of £3.99.

Really looking forward to reading the Prog (Burnham cover) later tonight. :)

The Monarch

I ended up with the goofy looking party one the lack of new characters in it is odd...very odd

TordelBack

Quote from: The Monarch on 30 September, 2016, 02:22:52 AM
I ended up with the goofy looking party one the lack of new characters in it is odd...very odd

I see Shakara!, Cadet Anderson and Errol Raine from the Rebellion era, no-one else.  I assume we agree that Dante no longer counts as a 'new' character? Bloody lovely image though, I find the wrongness of it all hilarious.

sixmo

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 September, 2016, 09:16:56 AM
I see Shakara!, Cadet Anderson and Errol Raine from the Rebellion era, no-one else.  I assume we agree that Dante no longer counts as a 'new' character? Bloody lovely image though, I find the wrongness of it all hilarious.

I got the Robinson cover in the post, but I had to go out and track down the Fabry one as well. I especially liked the Judge Death/Halo Jones/Robohunter selfie photo bit. I wonder what kind of phone contract Death has? He's gonna need unlimited texts for all the 'ssss's' for a start.

I love the two party images (Fabry cover and Robinson poster) but I think the fact that Dredd is still cranky looking in the Robinson one just edges it for me.

The prog itself was terrific, really made it an occasion.

IndigoPrime

2000 AD reports Prog 200 sold out. For pretty much anything on the newsstand these days, that's a big achievement.

dweezil2

That is splendid news indeed!

Congratulations to the mighty one!  :)

Variant barcode or cover for the completests?
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

dweezil2

Sorry, just read there will be a B+W Fabry cover!

Cool!  :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Jim_Campbell

My copy still hasn't turned up! Who do we contact about missing sub copies these days...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.