Main Menu

star wars comic adaptation

Started by Spikes, 07 December, 2011, 09:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Star Wars, as drawn by a 9 year old back in '77 - http://starwarsage9.com/

locustsofdeath!

:D :D :D

That's so arsom! Glad those pages survived through the years!

SuperSurfer

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 07 December, 2011, 10:15:44 PM
Glad those pages survived through the years!
Unlike tons, perhaps ALL of my comic and college art of my youth which the b*ç%Ÿ«~ electricians binned a couple of years ago at my mother's house without anyone's permission – an entire bulging A0 porfolio! God help them if I see them ever again.

johnnyivan

Thanks lads! I'm thrilled that you like the comic.

@ 'The return of Judge Jack' - how did you stumble across it? (cheers)

@ 'Supersurfer' - you don't know how gutted I am to hear about the loss of your artwork. Have you trawled the attic and wardrobes in your mum and dad's house?

Incidentally: the very silly ALIEN: age 11 begins on Xmas day!

John
John I. White
-------------
Creator of 'Star Wars age 9': The Unintentionally Comic Adaptation www.starwarsage9.com & www.alienage11.com

Spikes

Quote from: johnnyivan on 09 December, 2011, 05:08:42 PM
@ 'The return of Judge Jack' - how did you stumble across it? (cheers)

Hi Johnnyivan,
I see youve just joined, so welcome!  - i did wonder if this belonged to someone on here.
I think i was just following Star Wars related links and stumbled across ya. Brilliant site btw, spent a bit o' time there the last couple of days.  :thumbsup:

...looking forward to Alien age 11!

johnnyivan

Hiya,
Glad you're enjoying it. You can take a page a day - should keep you going for half a year.

You know. I have issue#1 of 2000ad. I (no doubt) massively increased it's value by colouring it in, around 1979 with felt-tip pens.
John I. White
-------------
Creator of 'Star Wars age 9': The Unintentionally Comic Adaptation www.starwarsage9.com & www.alienage11.com

Heath C Ackley

Great. i can remember doing something similiar in an old textbook but not in half the detail or breadth.

i had that t-shirt too. I sent off the form from the back of Star Wars Poster Magazine. I bought two copies as not to spoil the poster that was soon added to my sadly now-departed collection.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

WhizzBang

I have spent hours looking at this today - brilliant stuff. I love the author's (johnnyivan) comments too, they have had me laughing out loud for much of the day.

johnnyivan

Thanks Whizz-Bang!

Could you let me know if you find any blank/broken pages? There seem to be some but they appear fine on my PC for some reason.
John(nyivan)

Hey Zippo - think you could find that textbook?
John I. White
-------------

Heath C Ackley

Not a chance mate, that's loooonnnnggg gone!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

johnnyivan

Jesus - sorry to hear that. Did you continue to draw?
John I. White
-------------

johnnyivan

Incidentally, you can follow the ALIEN age 11 webcomic coming this Xmas day:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Alien-age-11-Sight-Unseen/193310147421214

What, can't wait? - sneak a peek inside:
http://alienage11.com

(Mid-Life Crisis Pt.II)
John I. White
-------------

Spikes

vzzbux

I drew my own Dredd strip when I was about 9. Would love to find it and post it hear but I fear it is long gone. I think it was a 10 pager with 6 panels per page. Utter dross though. I had dredd ambushed and smashed up by a gang of skin heads and the rest was him finding them and Judging them fatally one by one.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.