Main Menu

Hi all!

Started by hensh86, 24 September, 2015, 09:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hensh86

Hi all! Hensh from Vice Press here!

hensh86

A little about me -
I have been a long time 2000 AD reader. I was introduced to it by my dad (excellent parenting) in the early 90's when I was 4 or 5 years old.
I always enjoyed the unique nature of the stories and how they seamlessly balanced sci-fi and satire.
My favourite storyline was always been "Judge Death Lives" but I also have a soft spot for a number of Rogue Trooper stories.

ZenArcade

Hello, now get over to the politics thread and share in our righteous condemnation of swine poker in chief D Cameron. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

sheridan

Quote from: hensh86 on 24 September, 2015, 09:42:48 PM
A little about me -
I have been a long time 2000 AD reader. I was introduced to it by my dad (excellent parenting) in the early 90's when I was 4 or 5 years old.
I always enjoyed the unique nature of the stories and how they seamlessly balanced sci-fi and satire.
My favourite storyline was always been "Judge Death Lives" but I also have a soft spot for a number of Rogue Trooper stories.
Welcome to the board!

And well done for sticking with 2000AD during the early nineties - at least it's been getting constantly better in the time you've been reading!

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard - have fun.

hensh86

Oh I have a soft spot for those stories.

I remember Killing Time quite fondly. I loved how hallucigenetic the art was and it all seemed quite trippy.

For a young kid with an imagination, it really drew me in!

Quote from: sheridan on 25 September, 2015, 12:33:24 AM
Quote from: hensh86 on 24 September, 2015, 09:42:48 PM
A little about me -
Welcome to the board!

And well done for sticking with 2000AD during the early nineties - at least it's been getting constantly better in the time you've been reading!

sheridan

Quote from: hensh86 on 25 September, 2015, 12:11:31 PM
Oh I have a soft spot for those stories.

I remember Killing Time quite fondly. I loved how hallucigenetic the art was and it all seemed quite trippy.

For a young kid with an imagination, it really drew me in!

Oh, the progs of that era had their high points, but not as many as preceding and proceeding eras...

(I agree about Killing Time)