Main Menu

Hello everybody. Good to be here.

Started by Nursejohn, 16 November, 2015, 08:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nursejohn

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I read 2000ad way back in the early eighties and then again in the late nineties around progs 1000-1100. And now I'm back as a subscriber, although I'll admit I don't really recognise anyone apart from Old Stoney Face and Sinister Dexter. Anyhow, it's good to be back.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ZenArcade

Hello Nursejohn, A lot of the great old stalwarts are still here (and Sinister Dexter); we are currently enjoying Bad Company; Slaine is still around; Strontium Dog; ABC Warriors/Ro Busters should be returning soon and we have a plethor of great new strips: one of the best being Jaegir in my opinion. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Nursejohn

Thanks Z. A mate of mine has given me the password to his online account so I'm working my way through from prog 1452 onwards until my print subscription started with 1946. I'm starting to get a handle on the last 8 or so years and am really looking forward to Jaegir and Day Of Chaos.

Nursejohn

Oh yeah, and loving the return of Bad Company.

Colin YNWA

You got some fun times coming with that catch-up.

Enjoy and welcome aboard.

Nursejohn

It's pretty daunting actually! Am collecting the Dredd Case Files too. Up to number 8 so far and having huge youthful flashbacks.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Are you familiar with Nikolai Dante? Because you'll be coming across the climax of that series and it is one of the prog's finest hours. Really, some of the best shit Tharg has ever printed. In fact, I'm really jealous that you still have that to look forward to.

Also. SHAKARA!
You may quote me on that.

Nursejohn

Oh yeah, I was with Nikolai Dante right at the beginning but have obviously missed loads.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Welcome. Welcome to the forum. It's better here.
Lock up your spoons!