Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

o1s1n

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 21 December, 2012, 07:42:37 PM
That's on e-bay now; same guy that's selling the Nemesis page I put the link to above.  He also has a Rogue, Strontium Dog and Slaine pages...

The anatomy is all a bit...off isnt it? He seems to be decent enough at inking and detail, but his accuracy at depicting people is very hit and miss.

I see he used to work for the Beno. His skills are probably more suited there to be honest.

maryanddavid

looks a little like early John Bolton, or possibly David Jackson.

Spikes

Picking up a bit of a Arthur Ranson vibe - particularly those bottom two figures on the right.

ming

Is it just me or does that really not look like anything from Slaine at all by anyone, ever?  The style is not one I'm familiar with, so it's quite possibly no-one connected to the Prog and definitely not Fabry.  Some kind of Conan-lite effort; not a subject matter I'm familiar with.

Fatboydale

i know .....its not Fabry .... my guess John Bolton conan

hippynumber1

I'm sticking with Belardinelli on that statue, but those figures in the foreground look nothing like his work.  David Roach? Is it some kind of cut and paste job? Not prog or Dice Man

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 03 January, 2013, 11:37:47 AM
Some kind of Conan-lite effort; not a subject matter I'm familiar with.

Yeah thats what im thinking. Dont think its owt connected to the Prog.
Hope he kept the receipt.

ming

...oooh - Clara Pandy...  Nice page!

hippynumber1

Damn you Dale, that was my secret!  Now I'll have competition...

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 03 January, 2013, 09:43:39 AM
Anyone got any ideas on this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GLENN-FABRY-page-SLAIN-original-drawing-framed-/130829073623?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D4610696952055314476%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D130829073623%26

Clearly NOT Fabry! Looks like Belardinelli to me (look at the statue in top right corner) but not from the prog... I'm baffled!

It's Iain McCaig and very tasty it is, too. From Fighting Fantasy's DEATHTRAP DUNGEON.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

hippynumber1

Well done Sir! And thank you very much...  :)

Fatboydale

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 03 January, 2013, 12:34:40 PM
Damn you Dale, that was my secret!  Now I'll have competition...

lol yours and 87 watchers ..... i would guess this will go high .

opaque

But how many watchers will bid?
Most of the stuff I watch on Ebay I'd never be able to afford to bid on!

But I'll be interested to know the final price generally but also to give me an idea of the value of my two Halo pages (not that I'm ever going to sell them). And hopefully I'll be able to get round to putting them up on CAF at some point!