Main Menu

Brian Wood - Rebels / Starve

Started by Proudhuff, 19 July, 2015, 11:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 21 August, 2016, 12:13:03 PM
Wowowow hold up a second there, a Viking comic?! I'll be having some of that, hopefully it'll fill the hole in my heart left by Vinland Saga constantly going on hiatus every two volumes.

Titan are currently publishing a Vikings comic based on the TV show, with our own Staz Johnson & Richard Elson on art duties.
I'm a huge fan of the show, but so far the comic hasn't really grabbed me.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 26 August, 2016, 07:17:52 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 21 August, 2016, 12:13:03 PM
Wowowow hold up a second there, a Viking comic?! I'll be having some of that, hopefully it'll fill the hole in my heart left by Vinland Saga constantly going on hiatus every two volumes.

Titan are currently publishing a Vikings comic based on the TV show, with our own Staz Johnson & Richard Elson on art duties.
I'm a huge fan of the show, but so far the comic hasn't really grabbed me.

Also don't forget Brian Wood's current comic 'Black Road' with Garry Brown who did a couple of wonderful covers a while back. Well worth checking out.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 August, 2016, 02:40:29 PM

"Briggs Land" follow the story of a crime drama set within a rural secessionist community. According to Wood, "It's the culmination of everything I've done in my twenty years as a comics creator, bringing socially conscious and politically charged themes to the page, putting some of the more unsettling elements of American culture under scrutiny."

Anyone else grab this?  excellent! Its like every decent HBO series rolled into one  :thumbsup:

Second issue out now and is worth picking up, sort of redneck Sopranos meets Wire and no country for old men...

The waitress in my local café demanded to know what I was reading when she saw it... which was strange
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 16 September, 2016, 08:03:30 PM

Second issue out now and is worth picking up, sort of redneck Sopranos meets Wire and no country for old men...

This is everything I love (that doesn't involve apes, Romans and dinosaurs obviously) and yet I've not interest in this, or didn't... its good then, that's quite a set of delights you compare it too.