Main Menu

Meg 360 - Taking the shot!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 16 May, 2015, 11:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

I don't understand the downsides of a stockpile of thrillpower.

Other than having to forego the monthly/weekly dosages that is.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Geoff on 16 May, 2015, 04:56:57 PM

Anderson has been disappointing - would like to see Grant and Dowling back with her.. I can't help but feel that Michael Dowling is the natural successor to the great Arthur Ranson.. 

Nice to see ol' Henry Ford in the Meg.

Sorry everyone, I'm a stockpiler and just finished this Meg.

I didn't think Anderson was bad, but I didn't think it was any good either. Dowling brought a maturity to the character that's just been ditched and we are back to Anderson's zip being halfway down her uniform again. Some of the dialogue was pretty clunky & although Flowers has potential, I still don't see how he didn't have half his shoulder torn off by the big mo fo radbeast thang...

Tales of the Black Museum was brilliant, great story (the ending reminded me of an old Indigo Prime story) and Paul Davidson's art is fast becoming a new favorite.

Soooo, El Mestizo, I mean El Maldito next!

;)

Si

TordelBack

So I'm slowly catching up on recentish Megs thanks to the 50p sale.  I really enjoyed Beeby and Currie's Anderson two-parter, and was a bit surprised to see it being poorly received here. I get the objection to Anderson's look reverting to her 20s, but I thought the story was fun and a good exploration of Psi judges, the townships and Anderson as mentor. And Currie's art is just so lovely, I can forgive him wanting to go for a more classic Case.

Do I have more from this team to look forward to? Cos let me tell you, aside from this and Carroll's Mean Machine Black Museum tale in 359, I'm glad I paid 1/11th of the cover price: and even at that price I feel ripped off everytime I see ink wasted on yet another episode of New Harlem Heroes...