Main Menu

Recent posts

Creative Common / Re: Cover Puns
Last post by Vector14 - Today at 09:08:12 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 14 April, 2024, 06:34:09 PM
Quote from: Vector14 on 14 April, 2024, 05:13:53 PMAnderson has a daughter!?

Judge Anderson in 2127 (aged about 50):

Anderson's daughter in 2145 (18 years later):

The only thing that baffles me is that we never saw the story in which Anderson gives birth (or conceives a daughter through other means). Her daughter looks like she just graduated from the academy, so there's some missing tale left to be told.

Intriguing!

Ander-daughter!!!
Anderson's secret revealed in this weeks prog!
Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addictio...
Last post by Hawkmumbler - Today at 08:57:26 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 April, 2024, 07:45:46 PMKeeping the Universal Century wagon rolling (sorry folks, this shits too good) with a first time viewing of Gundam ZZ.

At the a little over the half way point and the 'antagonists' just killed 1/3 of the Earths population by dropping a colony (for the uninitiated (most people reading this) colonies are huge in Gundam and usually home to several million people in their own right) on 'checks notes'...Dublin.
As fucking hilariously specific as that is ZZ is some of the most fun I've had watching a longer form show in years, this shit rocks.
Megazine / Re: Meg 467: Brit for Duty?
Last post by jrdd - Today at 08:18:30 PM
Quote from: JohnCKirk on Today at 12:20:21 AM* pp44-47 have an interview with Steve Kyte. p47 has a blank section taking up half the page, which I'd normally expect to contain artwork. Did someone forget to add it? Or is it present in the paper edition but not the digital edition?

Hi John, welcome to the board - I checked my paper copy, there's meant to be a page of Terrahawks in that gap:

Website and Forum / Re: List of issues
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 07:47:49 PM
Amusingly, having just worked my way back deep into 2023's reports, the forum kicked me out, claimed I was spamming and attempted to ban me.
Books & Comics / Re: Skybound to reprint 80s Ma...
Last post by Tomontherun94 - Today at 07:04:04 PM
Nice, always wanted to read the original Marvel Joe books. The Transformers compendiums just seem to be the Marvel US series so I'll just stick with the Hachette books. If they fully collected both the US and UK books in actual reading order I'd be tempted to double dip though
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 05:32:52 PM
With N-AI-mand, I find that I can pick almost anything to complete this sentence: the argument begins and ends with Moe Hallem. (Replace Moe Hallem with, say, Kyle Asher, or Mona Plankhurst, or Age of the New Flesh, or Noam.)

There aren't many Dredd writers at the moment that seem to *get* the madness of the city aspect of Dredd quite as well as the N-AI-mand entity manages to calculate, having harvested all of the inputs available to it.

++The fleshy creators will die!!!++
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 05:02:38 PM
2099 is an odd one. I really enjoyed the first one, giving us an extended look into a kind of Elseworlds/What-If Dredd. But I've not really been enamoured with any of the others. It feels a bit too much like repeating a punchline to diminishing returns.

But Megatropolis was interesting. One-Eyed Jacks was entertaining and managed to piss off a whole bunch of people that kind of needed pissing off. And a great many of his Dredd stories have been top-tier.
Off Topic / Re: Threadjacking!
Last post by M.I.K. - Today at 04:50:31 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 17 April, 2024, 05:17:37 PMSo, do you UK types have King Chuck on your coins or stamps yet?  Shame to replace the profile of Liz in her youth - she was a bit of a looker (though her sister Anne was a stunner in her day).

So far only encountered one 50p piece about a month ago. Also, I think you mean Margaret.
Last post by broodblik - Today at 04:31:28 PM
A good read. I like his work especially the diversity in his stories. His first few stories were very similar structured but as he grew into the character or rather the world he added many more nuances to his storytelling. I especially loved his Megatropolis and his One-eyed Jack storyline. For some reason I am not as deeply invested in his Mega-City 2099. One thing for me is still missing on his resume and that is a Dredd mega-epic.