Main Menu

Hive Mind Valentines Day Help!

Started by richerthanyou, 09 February, 2016, 04:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: von Boom on 10 February, 2016, 06:47:33 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 10 February, 2016, 05:21:01 PM
Mrs Buttonman is already enjoying her Valentine's day paper shredder. £23 or so - in return I got some £75 running shoes - result!

You'd better go check your progs.  :o

More likely she's finally taking decisive action on the stack of Proudfoot/Watson love letters that BM keeps under the mattress.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 February, 2016, 07:15:27 PM
Having apparently gotten my wife hooked on Lego, I've bought her a Lego Wall•E. I'm fairly certain that's going to go down well.

You missed a trick IP; http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Valentines-Cupid-Dog-40201?fromListing=listing

Incidentally, my other half and I have become casual AFOL's over the past few years too.
It seems to be contagious, several guests that have been to our home have commented on it and then went on to buy some sets.

sheridan

Quote from: Something Fishy on 10 February, 2016, 04:30:23 PM
Going to have a meal and watch that romantic classic called Deadpool.
Description of Deadpool: "A cancer victim can't bear to leave the one he loves, so he undergoes an experimental treatment that tests the limits of their relationship."

Something Fishy

That's going to be poignant stuff.  My wife has battled the big c, so I just have to hope she doesn't think I'm taking the piss with this choice of film  :lol:

richerthanyou

I've gone with the classic expensive necklace and chocolates

that should put me in good standing til her birthday.

Wish me luck :D
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Something Fishy

We both loved the film so that was a good choice  :lol:

I baked her cookies to enjoy when she got home too and that seemed to go down well.

Something Fishy

Oh and good luck Richer,  hope it goes well.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 09 February, 2016, 10:13:08 PM
Quote from: Old Tankie on 09 February, 2016, 12:45:01 PM
That looks great, how was the landing, I would love to do that but have to admit I would be nervous on the landing.

It's fine, Tankie; don't remember there being any hassle at all.  There was a bit of a rush to pull ropes and stuff but all good; no bump or anything.  Come on, fella, you were a tank gunner; this is child's play  ;)

It's just occurred to me that your mobility isn't what it used to be, Tankie (which was probably why you were concerned about the landing?), and now I feel bad.  Apologies.  I still think you should give the ballooning a shot, though; I honestly remember it being an easy landing - my Dad had no problem, for example, and he was 70 and had bad knees when we did the flight.

Oh, and best of luck, richer; you can't really go far wrong with those gifts.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

COMMANDO FORCES

Don't get caught up in this corporate rubbish. You don't need Valentine's Day for your other half to buy you stuff. She can do that any day of the year ;)

Old Tankie

Thanks Jayzus, l was worried about the old pins, but based on what you have said I'm going to give it some serious thought and stop being a wimp!!!

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mardroid

I'm a pretty much terminally single bachelor type giving married/partnered guys romantic ideas for their Valentine's romantic excursions. Who'd have believed it?

Let us know how the trip goes Tankie!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tordelback on 10 February, 2016, 07:39:03 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 10 February, 2016, 06:47:33 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 10 February, 2016, 05:21:01 PM
Mrs Buttonman is already enjoying her Valentine's day paper shredder. £23 or so - in return I got some £75 running shoes - result!

You'd better go check your progs.  :o

More likely she's finally taking decisive action on the stack of Proudfoot/Watson love letters that BM keeps under the mattress.

Its the piles of reject letters for BM that will have to go first, then his topless photos, then his shirts, THEN those billy doos.
DDT did a job on me