Main Menu

Judge dredd complete case files volume 5 help!!

Started by Polygon grunt, 23 November, 2012, 11:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polygon grunt

Can't find a copy of case files volume 5,other than one for 43 quid on amazon (not that it's not worth it,but I don't want some creep thinkin they can rip people off whilly nilly!)

Tho there is this disgusting American version cover on there,it's guna ruin my beautiful case files collection.

Anyone got any clue if there will be some more prints of this coming anytime or any suggestions where to get a copy??everywere I've looked online,including 2000ad shop don't have it  :(

Thanks!

Dandontdare

They do reprint the case Files as they go out of stock, as they're a consistent seller, but we could still be talking months. Best tip is just make a habit of never passing a bookshop or comic shop without bobbing in - there will still be copies on loads of shelves all over the country, it's just finding 'em! It's what shopping used to be like before Amazon.

Polygon grunt

yeh ill be keeping an eye out in local book shops for it too, just wondering if maybe amazons made a blunder with the cover its got listed on the site, tempted to just risk it and hope they have.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1781080283/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1TGQ6NVTBY403JMPMK7A&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=317828027&pf_rd_i=468294

HdE

Yeah, just to echo what's said here:

I made the bold decision to buy up the entire Case Files run just before my day job and finances hit rock bottom. It was mostly a cakewalk, but there were a few volumes that proved quite hard to get hold of.

My best suggestion - and I'm really loathe to put this to you - is to take a look on Ebay for anything you can't find elsewhere. That's where I sourced my copies of Case Files 3 and 6, I think. I looked for those on Amazon, but the prices even for second hand copies at the time were astronomical!

As with a lot of things on Ebay, you'll not actually make a huge saving. But you'll at least pay a reasonable price for the book if it's there.

Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

SKD

It's available on Forbidden Planet.com. Web price £9.23. Order on request, expected delivery time is 21 days.

Happy hunting.

Stew.

Polygon grunt

thanks for the tip man, tho aparently the title is not actually in stock on forbidden planeet, they order it when they know you want it. plus ive had bad experiences with them before with stuff thats out of stock, there happy to take payment from you without having the goods to actually post out an keep you waiting indefinetly.

going to check som book shops tomorrow but if i dont have any luck will order the amazon one and hope that its the brittish version an not the yank cover shown on the site. will report back with my findings.

cheers guys

a chosen rider

Quote from: Polygon grunt on 25 November, 2012, 01:01:48 AMgoing to check som book shops tomorrow but if i dont have any luck will order the amazon one and hope that its the brittish version an not the yank cover shown on the site. will report back with my findings.

Check the ISBN.  The British and American editions will have different ISBN codes.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

The Bissler

I had the same problem sourcing that book, but definitely keep checking the shops.  I picked up a copy for my nephew about 2 months ago.  If memory serves me correctly it was from a local branch of Waterstones (though their online shops says they are out of stock). 

Robo-K33F

Case Files 1, 5and a couple of others have just been reprinted and should be easily available again.

Don't quite know why you think the US cover is 'disgusting' though - never heard Bollard artwork referred to in that way before.

If that is how you feel though, we would appreciate it if you kept that to yourself - it's both insulting to the artist and the designer who spend time putting the cover together.

Frank

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 25 November, 2012, 09:48:37 AM
Don't quite know why you think the US cover is 'disgusting' though - never heard Bollard artwork referred to in that way before. If that is how you feel though, we would appreciate it if you kept that to yourself - it's both insulting to the artist and the designer who spend time putting the cover together.

Ezquerra artwork.

Polygon grunt

I realise that was a poor choice of words,No disrespect was intended to the artist or artwork itself on the American cover, I wouldn't be obsessed with collecting and reading the case files if I didn't love every inch of the dredd artwork. My comment was referring to the design and not the artwork itself and was purely at the fact it's different to the rest of my anal collection, not that actually think that's its bad.

Sorry if that offended anyone, will consider what I type more carefully in future.

Polygon grunt

ok as luck would have it waterstones was indeed the place to look , managed to find a copy so very happy!

thanks for all the help and info , and good to know re-prints are constantly being produced. again apologies for initally expressing myself poorly , bloody love dredd , the artwork and everything to do with it and i hate that i may have given the impression that i dont, just being a snooty collector!

jannerboyuk

Not sure why you can't express how you feel about any art and design even if you did find it disgusting! Artists and designers put themselves out there which I respect immensely but if you haven't got a thick skin by that point then sheesh wrong business!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 25 November, 2012, 12:19:31 PM
Not sure why you can't express how you feel about any art and design even if you did find it disgusting! Artists and designers put themselves out there which I respect immensely but if you haven't got a thick skin by that point then sheesh wrong business!

This.

Whilst I don't agree that the artwork is 'disgusting' surely the OP is allowed to state an opinion?
Personally I find the artwork of David Hockney childish and amateurish and a bit crap but that does not mean I do not respect the views and opinions of those who like and even love his artwork.
One man's meat is another man's poison and all that.
Have we become so thin skinned that even the most mildest of criticism is now an automatic affront?
For what it's worth I am a huge fan of Ezquerra (as it is his artwork that is being discussed, not Bolland's) but the cover of Case Files 5 (US) does not represent his artwork, blown up out of all  proportion as it is.
Sorry for any consternation caused to Ezquerra, his family, friends, and fans but that's my opinion.

Polygon grunt

yeh,  im diapointed that i worded it so that it came across i was saying i found the artwork disgusting becasue thats not what i was trying to say, and not at all how i feel about it.

if i had have been offering an opinion on the art then id have been well within my rights as a human and not a robot to think and express that , but i wasnt really , i was just being a snob about a different design of the cover not fitting in with the rest of my books (boohoo i know!) and wasnt attacking the art itself.