Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

My excitment that Thrillpower Overload is getting updated and expanded is slightly diminished by the fact that its now 10 bloody years old!

Batman's Superior Cousin

And I've YET to read mine. :o :'(
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Michael Knight

Its a great read you wont be disappointed! Picked up mine couple of years back in forbidden planet and its signed By Mr. Dave Bishop himself!  :)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Bojay1997 on 29 June, 2016, 06:21:42 PM
Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes is set for release in April 2017 per listings on US Amazon.

Sounds like it must be the collected Batman crossovers.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

radiator

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 June, 2016, 01:01:48 AM
Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes is set for release in April 2017 per listings on US Amazon.

Maybe? But they just got their own collection a few years ago...

I'm thinking it'll be Bat Mugger, Fairly Hyperman, maybe Cycle of Violence/Marauder, the Eric Powell Dredd from the Free Comic Book Day prog. For Bisley... did any of the Heavy Metal Dredds feature some kind of superhero pastiche?

jacob g

Quote from: radiator on 30 June, 2016, 01:17:23 AM
For Bisley... did any of the Heavy Metal Dredds feature some kind of superhero pastiche?

Yes, one with some bat vigillantes, story is called "Chicken Run" (I recently translated HMD for Polish edition so I'm quite sure about this one).
margaritas ante porcos

Dark Jimbo

I'm thinking it'll be Bat Mugger, Fairly Hyperman, maybe Cycle of Violence/Marauder, the Eric Powell Dredd from the Free Comic Book Day prog. For Bisley... did any of the Heavy Metal Dredds feature some kind of superhero pastiche?

Yep, just what I was going to suggest - plus that Spurrier/Ezquerra two-parter from the Meg a few years ago.

Trust me, if you're selling a Dredd/Batman collection you're going to want Batman's name in the title somewhere! And even if you don't, DC would insist on it...!
@jamesfeistdraws

Robo-K33F

Maybe? But they just got their own collection a few years ago...

Correct.

Dash Decent

See what I did there to tease out the truth...? ;)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

14 Jan 2016 - Slaine Brutania Chronicles 2: Primordial      
14 Jan 2016 - Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 26         
11 Feb 2016 - Strontium Dog: Outlaw   (B format, AKA here's your optometry bill)
11 Feb 2016 - Judge Dredd: Dead Zone         
10 Mar 2016 - Planet of the Damned & Death Planet      
10 Mar 2016 - Goldtiger      (Don't bother; the map says 'Here Be Thrill-suckers')
07 Apr 2016 - Brit-Cit Noir            
12 Apr 2016 - Sooner or Later            
16 May 2016 - The 2000AD Action Heroines Colouring Book
19 May 2016 - Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 27         
16 Jun 2016 - Judge Dredd: Titan            
06 Jun 2016 - Bad Company: First Casualties      
07 Jul 2016 - Judge Dredd: Mega-City Zero Volume 1    (IDW)   
14 Jul 2016 - Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth Uncensored   
14 Jul 2016 - Monster               
14 Jul 2016 - ABC Warriors: Return to Ro-Busters
20 Jul 2016 - 2000ad Summer Special
01 Aug 2016 - 2000AD Wall Calendar 2017
11 Aug 2016 - Ro-Busters: The Complete Nuts and Bolts Vol 2   
11 Aug 2016 - Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 5      
08 Sep 2016 - The Mighty One (Steve McManus)
08 Sep 2016 - Misty   
05 Sep 2016 - Greysuit: The Monarch Dossier
06 Oct 2016 - The Daily Dredds Vol. 2 (Hardcover)      
06 Oct 2016 - Mega-City Undercover 3
11 Oct 2016 - Fink Angel: Legacy
20 Oct 2016 - Judge Dredd: Mega-City Zero Volume 2
03 Nov 2016 - Dan Dare - The 2000 AD Years Vol. 2 (Hardcover)            
09 Nov 2016 - The 2000 Ad Script Book
01 Dec 2016 - Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 28
17 Jan 2017 - The Complete Scarlet Traces Vol. 1
07 Feb 2017 - Thrill Power-overload
14 Feb 2017 - Judge Dredd: Every Empire Falls - Click! - Paperback, 240 pages.
14 Mar 2017 - Predator Versus Judge Dredd Versus Aliens: Splice and Dice
11 Apr 2017 - Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes - Click! - Paperback, 160 pages.

TBA - VCs: Old Soldiers (promised for 15th December 2009, but don't set your sundial by it.)
TBA - Rogue Trooper: Trump and the Traitor General.
TBA - Strontium Dog: The Brit-Cit Brexit Blag

Judge Dredd: The Cape and Cowl Crimes

COSTUMES ARE FOR CREEPS! From super-powered aliens to Cursed Earth mutants, Judge Dredd dishes out justice to all in this action-packed collection of stories from some of comic's biggest talents, including John Wagner, Alan Grant, Carlos Ezquerra, Mike Collins, Alan Davis, Simon Bisley, Richard Elson, Simon Spurrier and Eric Powell, amongst many others.

Welcome to Mega-City One, a nightmarish metropolis situated along the east coast of post-apocalyptic North America. Poverty is rife, crime is rampant, and only the Judges empowered to dispense instant justice can stop total anarchy. Toughest of them all is JUDGE DREDD.  He "is" the Law!

There are plenty of law-breaking freaks amongst the citizenship of the Big Meg. From Futsies to Umpty-baggers, the Judges have their hands full. But the worst offenders are those who try and enforce their own brand of justice. Especially that strange strain of vigilante who chooses to hit the streets in brightly-coloured spandex!"

Judge Dredd: Every Empire Falls

R.I.P. JUDGE DREDD?

Following the decimation of Mega-City One during Chaos Day, Judges from other friendly Justice Departments have been brought in to strengthen the ranks and help maintain law and order on the streets. Amongst the newcomers is Fintan Joyce son of a former Emerald Isle Judge, who teamed up with Judge Dredd in one of the most fondly remembered Dredd stories.

Exploiting the Big Meg's weakened state, several groups have risen up against the Judges, including the Goblin King's Undercity army and a mutant group lead by the monstrous Thorn, who have been attacking Cursed Earth outposts. If things couldn't get any worse, Dredd has fallen foul of Brit-Cit and they want him in prison or on a slab. Have the odds finally stacked up enough to spell the end of Mega-City One's greatest lawman?

[What an awkwardly-worded final paragraph!]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

Every Empire Falls is an omnious title!

Robo-K33F

Dash Decent

It's a great title.  (And much better than something like "MCexit".)

At the opposite end of the spectrum, you should check out both the blurbs on Amazon UK as they need tidying up.  "Every Empire Falls" is missing apostrophes ("Big Meg s", "Goblin King s", "Mega-City One s") and at least one full stop ("...in prison or on a slab Have the odds...").  The last paragraph needs rearranging, at the very least.  The blurb ends with a set of quote marks that don't belong to anything else (greatest lawman?"). While I'm sticking the boot (knife) in, "...teamed up with Judge Dredd in one of the most fondly remembered Dredd stories." sounds weak, too.  (Being a pedant, I'd also hyphenate "fondly remembered" but I won't push the point.)

"Capes and Cowls" has punctuation on the wrong side of spaces ("Big Meg ." and "he "is "the Law!").  (I assume that should be a capitalised "He", and a full stop has been lost after "JUDGE DREDD"?)  This blurb also concludes with a closing set of double quotation marks (spandex!") with no matching opening set.

Er, let me just add that the above is meant helpfully.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Trent

Based on the description and page count looks like Every Empire Falls will contain the earlier Joyce stories which set up the current epic. Good stuff.
Perhaps more interestingly the Capes and Cowls trade is a foray by Rebellion into the Mega Collection's territory with a thematically linked volume rather than a story arc or specific artist.
Given the Mega Collection won't run forever I hope this is a sign of things to come as it makes for a satisfying read that works quite differently from the Case Files.

Dash Decent

The new edition of TPO has a blurb now, so...

Galaxy s Greatest comic - needs an apostrophe.

"2000 AD" s 40th anniversary - also needs an apostrophe.  Perhaps it was left off because it would look strange next to those double quotes, but you'd be better off getting rid of them instead.  (The blurb uses the 2000 AD name with success elsewhere - "From 2000 AD's humble and rocky beginnings", "former 2000 AD editor" - so you are also being inconsistent.)

Having "Galaxy s Greatest comic" and "ground-breaking comic" in the same sentence sounds wrong.

and many many more." - has picked up one of those loose double quote marks you guys seem to love shoving on the end of blurbs this week.  (Ah!  Now I know why you're saving up all the apostrophes!)

Your frendli prufe reeder,

Dash.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll