Main Menu

The Commissions Thread

Started by hippynumber1, 13 July, 2013, 10:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

I've posted my Si Fraser commission before but I don't get tired of sharing it :D

hippynumber1

Sideshow Bob

A wonderful Simon Fraser piece Mr Stacey..
And it was all a dream.... :lol:
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

hippynumber1

I shared this previously on the Original Art Thread but I do so love showing it off!

Sideshow Bob

That is just such an amazing piece,  Mark.....
Love the look on Middenface,  and the look of 'absolute terror' in the Gronks' eyes.....
Just wonderful !!
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Steven Sterlacchini

Wow, some amazing commissions! The O'Neill one is amazing.

Here's mine. I imagine I've posted them all before. There are some 'mash-ups' amongst them.

Me with Rogue Trooper - Colin Wilson

Mr Benn dressed as a Judge - David McKee

Shadow the Hedgehog (with Sonic hidden in the sky) - Nigel Dobbyn

Judge Minty - Chris Weston

Deadlock and Sonic the ultimate chaos (Khaos) team up - Mick McMahon

My son as a cadet, with Dredd looking on approvingly - Mick McMahon

hippynumber1

That Colin Wilson piece is beautiful - the detail is extraordinary!

ming

Some amazing pieces of art here; Minty's Colin Wilson commission is beautiful.

I've posted this before (more than once, I know) but here it is again.  Brendan McCarthy's first (and only, as far as I know) private commission.  I think this will appear in the Best of Milligan & McCarthy book in September.

With a bit of luck there'll be some more commissioned stuff from a couple of people coming down the line; however, these artists are a busy lot so I'm not holding my breath...  ;)

matty_ae

If we're doing old ones...

Yeowell Zenith & Bolland/Martin Anderson from a sketch

Colin YNWA

Wow all around really BUT those Steve Yeowell, Bolland and Colin Wilson ones are just so very very special.

blackmocco

GodDAMN, there's some crackers here. That Rogue one is just beautiful.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Pete Wells

Right, ye gits, it's showin' off time! I'll do this in order(ish of when I got in touch with artists, but then I'll group 'em by artist.)

My first ever was by my boyhood fave, Mr Ian Gibson. While some were McMahon, and some were Bolland, I was all about the Gibson. I asked for me being arrested by Dredd, with Anderson looking on...

I loved it but got a bit sick of people saying that I didn't look like me on it. I found this distracting, hence the birth of Pete Wells Block in subsequent commissions (and elsewhere!) A few months later Ian got in touch and said he wasn't keen, so did me this A2 beauty cheap...

Shortly after I got my first Cliff Robinson - Dredd vs Death at Pete Wells Block on Deadworld. It's a stone cold classic...

Over the years this led to the Dark Judges series, starting with my fave dark judge, Mortis...

Then Judge Fear (with me in it - I broke my rule of not being in commissions 'cos Cliffs' idea was so cool...)

And finally Judge Fire, which I asked my family to get me for my 40th last year.

After my first one from Cliff, I got this beauty from Chris Weston. He did it in about four days  :o It has made an appearance in the Prog and was the inspiration for an Edmund Bagwell Zarjaz cover...

I went through a phase of getting bits and bobs from Davis Millgate, he's a nice lad and does a cracking Mean and Dredd. Here are a few, starting with, of course Sinister Dexter as he's their co-creator...

Always loved this...

Dredd, Death and Mean...

This was gonna be fully painted but Dave got a computer games gig...

There are a load more Millgates on my CAF gallery.

I got pally with Patrick Goddard and got this blighter...

And my missus secretly got me this for Christmas...

When I left one of my jobs my staff had a whip round and got me this wonderful PJ Holden commission. Their names are on the judge badges on the back...

I chased Si Fraser for years and finally got this wonderfully designed Dredd...

And a Dante...

I love a bit of Karl Richardson and thought he'd do a mean Mean. I wasn't wrong...

Then last summer I got this fully painted powerhouse, it's stunning in the flesh!

Few artists have excited me on their initial strip than Tiernen Trevallion. He was born to do Fink and didn't disappoint...

I got this from Jon Haward:

Dave Taylor was a loooooooong wait but worth it in the end...

I asked Cat Sullivan to do a recreation of Kev Walker's Prog 750's ABC Warriors cover in his Droid Life Style, it's ace!

Next up, Happy Shrapnel himself, Colin MacNeil. I'd been hassling Colin for years so it was great when he finally agreed. I asked for Dredd vs Mechanismo Mk 1 robots and he gave me an undead horde of Mk1s in Pete Wells Mech Wrecking Yard, mind boggling!

Next my re-creation of the cover of Prog with me (NOT Frankie Howard) as the perp by Simon Davis...

Finally, a couple of grails to bring me up to date, firstly, Mick McMahon...

And King Carlos...

Nice!

Simon Beigh

Wow. I think that just about sums it up, Pete. The stakes just got raised in the War of the Commissions :D

If I had to choose a favourite, it would be the painted Dredd on Lawmaster by Mr Millgate. Quite fancy one of those myself!

Thanks for posting them!

hippynumber1

Pete Wells now officially owns this thread!  Some absolutely beautiful pieces there Sir...