Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Yep, Mills in the trtleneck talking to Dave Gibbons in the blue t-shirt.
@jamesfeistdraws

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 May, 2016, 01:27:39 PM
Hope someone spell-checks 'Trevor' between now and December!

Done long ago :)

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 May, 2016, 03:54:14 PM
Yep, Mills in the trtleneck talking to Dave Gibbons in the blue t-shirt.
And Isaac Asimov on the very left side of the cover!

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 17 May, 2016, 03:20:37 PM
Hmm, not sure about that Ro-Busters cover. The colouring's a bit full-on and the image doesn't make any sense unless you've read the relevant story (to say nothing of being a big ol' spoiler.)

Really interested to know if the page count's accurate. The remaining strip stuff, plus every remaining Starlord/2K cover, and including the 3-page 'inside story' from prog 144, just for something else to bump the numbers up with - still only comes to 143 pages...!

With a strip that's 30 plus years old, spoilers don't factor in so much.

The book contains additional annual stories and a large cover/pin up gallery taking it up to 192 pages.

Steve Green

Given the choice, I'd rather have the colour Gibbons cover used in the old Titan collection (and re-used for others)

It's just more dynamic than the poster image.

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 May, 2016, 12:47:24 PM
Given the choice, I'd rather have the colour Gibbons cover used in the old Titan collection (and re-used for others)

It's just more dynamic than the poster image.
Agreed - the new one is okay, but not a patch on the Titan cover.

glassstanley

The titles are coming through thick & fast for the rest of the year now! I'd been a little concerned that we'd be at the table end of the GN line having exhausted most o the big-hitters. Glad to see that's not the case. Along with the Mega-Collection, I don't think there's been as much 2000AD reprint available since ... early 90s?

Rebellion can have my money :)

Trent

Just received my copy of Titan; delighted to confirm that it does include all Henry Flint's relevant stories including Fit and Melt. Could have included 'The Man Comes Around' but I actually prefer an all Flint volume. Lovely stuff, looks terrific collected.

Hawkmumbler

Surely " The Man Comes Around" is essential to explain WHERE THE BLOODY HORSE CAME FROM!!!*

*Faux indignation, i'm still amused at the confusion prog only readers felt.

Southstreeter

Where did the bloody horse come from?

Prog only reader.

Trent

Don't worry, as a meg reader it still made no sense (but I guess the randomness was kind of the point).

maryanddavid

RoboKeef, does the pin up section include something that once hung in FP ;)

Dash Decent

Quote from: Southstreeter on 18 May, 2016, 10:25:55 PM
Where did the bloody horse come from?

Well, when a daddy horse loves a mummy horse very much....
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

robprosser

Had a pleasant surprise yesterday. Got the new ABC Warriors, Bad Company and Case Files in Orbital Comics.

Molch-R

Quote from: robprosser on 19 May, 2016, 11:45:42 AM
Had a pleasant surprise yesterday. Got the new ABC Warriors, Bad Company and Case Files in Orbital Comics.

Is that the new Return to Ro-Busters and First Casulaties??