Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Producer and director James Gilbert, who brought together the talents of Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett for The Two Ronnies, has died aged 93.

He was also responsible for  classic shows like The Frost Report, Whatever Happened To The likely Lads and The Last Of The Summer Wine.

Hawkmumbler

Oh man, what a shit year 2016 is for the arts. Corrado Farina, director of seriously obscure gialli "Hanno cambiato faccia" and the essential adaptation of the comics of Guido Crepax, "Baba Yaga".

RIP

Goaty

My thoughts for people in Nice. Wonderful city.  :(

Professor Bear

This fucking year.

ZenArcade

As above: sympathies to the citizens of Nice. Vive la Republic; vive la France! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Just appalling, a Stephen King novel come to life. Nice is a great holiday town, la quatorze Juillet a great family festival,  can't even grasp how horrific this is.

Hawkmumbler

Jesus! On bastille day no less! Horrid, this rotting world.

von Boom

I've spent a fair bit of time in Nice and it's always been one of my favourite places and I'm beyond horrified. Fucking cowards.  >:( :'(

JayzusB.Christ

Horrible.  Fuck ISIS and their followers.

And please, people, do me a favour:  I know the Baghdad bombings killed more people.  I know it was worse.  I can't help being more psychologically affected by this catastrophe:  It's closer to home; and I know far more French people than Iraqis.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 July, 2016, 01:50:52 PM

There is currently no link between radical Islam and the perpetrator.

The harrowing incident appears at this point still to be completely random. Neighbours and officials have said he has "no known links" but what bothers me is that everyone has made a huge assumption that he's radicalised simply because he's called Mohamed. I was on a building site today and the builder's were all like "they're at it again". There's something deeply troubling about this whole episode, not just the grim facts of it all, but the assumptions too. Leapt to not just by yourself Jayzus but by officials and individuals worldwide. Where are we going...

Heath C Ackley

Terrible, shocking news.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 15 July, 2016, 08:33:56 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 July, 2016, 01:50:52 PM
There's something deeply troubling about this whole episode, not just the grim facts of it all, but the assumptions too. Leapt to not just by yourself Jayzus but by officials and individuals worldwide. Where are we going...

Apologies.  I'd read an article online saying that he was probably following an ISIS recommendation (if not quite an order); and a connection to ISIS just seemed the logical conclusion after Paris last year. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/nice-attack-isis-told-supporters-to-run-frenchmen-over-with-their-cars-before-truck-massacre-a7138261.html

Point taken, though - should have looked into it a bit more before jumping to conclusions.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

RIP the dead in Turkey....a misguided tragedy. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Grugz

aye, crap situation my bro in law's supposed to be there next week..
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

I, Cosh

We never really die.