Main Menu

My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread!

Started by hippynumber1, 08 February, 2015, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

See all of those little holes on the engine cover? That's were all the fiddly greeblies get glued on...  :o

hippynumber1

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 19 June, 2016, 05:58:39 PM
See all of those little holes on the engine cover? That's were all the fiddly greeblies get glued on...  :o

*where

Note to self: always proof-read before posting.

hippynumber1

I've streamlined a little for this post - there is some mirroring of parts so have focused mainly on the left side (which has slightly more detail) and shown the right only where there is a difference. I have also only shown the added part in each picture rather than a before and after for each piece.

hippynumber1

Magnets in place

This whole section is removable; next stage will add more details.

hippynumber1

Here we have the addition of a great number of fiddly greeblies and then the whole removable section fitted to the upper-hull.

Colin YNWA

I hate fiddly greeblies almost as much as I do pernickety flangles.

hippynumber1

Rectenna dish base details

Rectenna dish (rear)h

A-frame (x2)

Support struts (x2)

Base and support structure

Rectenna dish fitted

Test fit to upper-hull

TordelBack

That is looking absolutely wonderful. Thanks as always for sharing your insanity.

sheridan

I was wondering which dish it would have (just picturing Han and Chewie subscribing to Sky + now!)  Wonder if it will end up having interchangeable dishes?  Are there any other differences in the Falcon between old and new trilogies?

TordelBack

Some pretty big changes to the main hold/rec room, with the addition of a second bunk opposite the port door.

hippynumber1

This is supposed to be a replica of the model used in 'The Empire Strikes Back' so the round dish was a given (no plans to provide the oblong dish from 'The Force Awakes' as far as I'm aware) and it will have five landing struts as opposed to the three shown in 'A New Hope'.

sheridan

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 27 July, 2016, 09:28:10 AM
This is supposed to be a replica of the model used in 'The Empire Strikes Back' so the round dish was a given (no plans to provide the oblong dish from 'The Force Awakes' as far as I'm aware) and it will have five landing struts as opposed to the three shown in 'A New Hope'.
Wow - I first saw both ANH and TESB over thirty years ago and I've never noticed there were more landing struts in the latter film.  Then again, I didn't notice that the radar got swiped off until TFA, so I'm obviously not very observant when it comes to watching high-speed spaceships in films (real life I'm better at).

Zarjazzer

Tell us the location of your hidden rebel base, hippynumber1.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

hippynumber1

Upper and lower starboard mandible frames and plating:

Four maintenance access ports for starboard mandible - these pics show the finished parts with all of the fiddly greeblies glued in place.