Main Menu

Mikey's Dark World (Creations)

Started by Mikey, 08 June, 2015, 11:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

The are just BRILLIANT! Love it, I had a few of the GW Citadel ones years ago, and made a half arsed attempt to paint them, and its damn hard. Keep them coming Mikey!

COMMANDO FORCES

Really enjoying seeing each new post Mikey, as you're really bringing these to life.
Seeing those busts, all I'm thinking is, Chess set!

Mikey

Thanks folks! Next up will be Hammerstein - just waiting on it to be released, I have it on pre order.

I agree CF, a chess set would be cracker with these but incredibly expensive at that scale!

And Jayzus - I use enamels, so it's just Revell gold paint, a 35ml pot will cost you a couple of quid. I don't reckon it would be weather proof but if was sealed properly you never know.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

JayzusB.Christ

Cheers, Mikey! Will look into that
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mikey

Mikey

Finished Hammerstein today - not entirely sure about my silver/gunmetal wear and tear, but I'm not going to change it now. This is definitely my favourite model from them so far - hope you enjoy seeing it.

Dark Jimbo

Cor! I like my Hammerstein copper-hued, personally, but that looks like a fairly Langley-influenced sculpt so the gunmetal makes perfect sense.
@jamesfeistdraws

moly

Some cracking painting there, loved the dark judges

TordelBack

A Langley cover brought to life  - distinctive model and fantastic paint job.

Mikey

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 14 August, 2015, 05:45:55 PM
Cor! I like my Hammerstein copper-hued, personally, but that looks like a fairly Langley-influenced sculpt so the gunmetal makes perfect sense.

Yeah, it's a Return to Mars style Craig an no mistake - the hammer has the 'Live For War...' inscription on it. I always  think of Hammerstein as copper hued an all, but had to remain true to the Langley version! Do you reckon a certain Mr Pineapples would suit that colour? (it does take me a while and I'll need my A game to do your magnificent sculpt justice Jimbo!)

And thanks for the kind words chums.

M

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mikey on 15 August, 2015, 08:58:05 AM
Yeah, it's a Return to Mars style Craig an no mistake - the hammer has the 'Live For War...' inscription on it.

Blimey! That's attention to detail!

Quote from: Mikey on 15 August, 2015, 08:58:05 AM
Do you reckon a certain Mr Pineapples would suit that colour? (it does take me a while and I'll need my A game to do your magnificent sculpt justice Jimbo!)

Do you know I'd actually forgotten all about him! Part of me is relieved I won't have to paint him - that was the bit that was really worrying me (more potential for mucking up, I suppose)!
@jamesfeistdraws

Zarjazzer

My connoisseur chip says this is a masterpiece. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Mikey

Aw, thanks Zarjazzer!

Here's a slightly blurred pic of the hammer inscription.

And a size comparison with added pen for scale. He's a big brute!

M

TordelBack

Lawks! Can you do us a larger group shot, Mikey? Great to see the Lawmaster, Anderson, the DJs etc. in the one place.

Mikey

Despite vowing never to be instructed to do things over the internet by strange men, this time I'll make an exception  :)

Sorry about the light quality - it is summer in the blasted north afterall. And I don't have a single shelf space for them all yet.

M