Main Menu

Stewart Perkins Funeral Thursday 16th June 2016

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 07 June, 2016, 06:56:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

The funeral for STEWART PERKINS will be held on Thursday the 16th of June at 12:00 at GreenAcres Woodlands Burials, Colney. This will be followed by a private family committal

Greenacres Woodlands Burials Website here The directions on the website are very straightforward, so there should be no trouble for anyone attending.

The family have requested the following:-

No formal dress code.
Family flowers only.

Donations if desired will be divided between the Royal British Legion and the Queen's Royal Hussars Benevolent Fund c/o R J Bartram & Son of Wymondham.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has any questions then I'll try and obtain the answer for you as quickly as possible.

The money that the forum members have sent to me will be divided straight down the middle and donated to both requested service charities.

Buttonman

That looks like a pretty cool place to be laid to rest.

Pity we can't go with the Dredd flower arrangement but of course the family wishes come first.

The charities mentioned are worthy of our support so it's good they will see the benefit.

Thanks for all your efforts here John.

COMMANDO FORCES

Can a moderator change the 6th to 16th please. Somehow I left the digit out!

Steve Green

COMMANDO FORCES

Just to remind anyone who is thinking of going to Stewart's funeral. It's this Thursday and all the information is above.

I've been informed that our flower tribute is allowed and I shall be picking this up on Wednesday last thing.

Bat King

My thoughts well be with those of us that attend.

I'm glad the Dredd Helmet floral tribute well be there.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

COMMANDO FORCES

Here is a little more information about the timings of the funeral for anyone coming along

The convoy to the service will be meeting at the Ex-Serviceman's Club, Friarscroft Road, Wymondham, NR18 0AT at 11:30. Once the service is over, then people are invited back to the same location.

Of course, you can make your way to Greenacres for 12:00 if you so wish.

pauljholden

Sadly won't be able to make it, my thoughts are with his family.

Jim_Campbell

Thank you for keeping us updated on all this sad news, John.

Thinking of Stewart and his loved ones this morning.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

I've just handed the flowers over to the funeral directors. Had a chat with them and they know of his love of Dredd and thought the flowers were wonderful from the forum.
I've also handed over the rest of the money to them, to be split between the charities.

Steve Green

Thanks for the update John, thinking of Stewart and his family and friends.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Thanks for doing all this John, it is greatly appreciated.

Buttonman

Thanks for all the organizing and informing John.

Would it be tactless to ask for a photo of the tribute? Would be fitting to have it pride of place in his obituary thread.