Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Link Prime on 25 January, 2017, 12:28:34 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 25 January, 2017, 09:57:57 AM
More likely Buttonman will have a table selling his books at a price that undercuts theirs!

We'd prefer if you focused on a live and exclusive "Who I ate at the Convention".

FTFY
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Surely we should all bring a letter each and have them reviewed LIVE.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Satanist on 25 January, 2017, 12:32:19 PM
Surely we should all bring a letter each and have them reviewed LIVE.

It's not like there's anything else going on...
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

JaHawkDroid

Family things have come up, so now unsure if I can attend. Anyone know if tickets are transferable or is that that? Cheers

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 27 January, 2017, 08:24:45 AM
Family things have come up, so now unsure if I can attend. Anyone know if tickets are transferable or is that that? Cheers

Non-transferable, I believe, for the simple reason that the Powers That Be didn't want to see the tickets snapped up by scalpers and then changing hands for many times the face value on eBay.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bolt-01

Turns out I'm going to be bringing a couple of Gronks down to the 40th. I'm going to be posting a photo as soon as the little beauties are all here.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 27 January, 2017, 09:08:30 AM
Turns out I'm going to be bringing a couple of Gronks down to the 40th. I'm going to be posting a photo as soon as the little beauties are all here.

If you are looking to sell I would happily take one off your hands. The panicky little Drokker would sit nicely next to my plush Skull and Power master Optimus Prime.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 27 January, 2017, 09:08:30 AM
Oh their poor Heartsies!

Bolt-01

Napalm Kev- These are being done one at a time on a commission basis (The wee beasties are about 18 inch tall and due to being hand made they all come out a little different (which in my opinion is absolutely as it should be).

I 'think' I'll be bringing mine as well so we can get some group photos on the day, so make sure you say hi, and it'll be my daughter you need to talk to to make this happen. However, these are hand made plush dolls so the price is reflective.

NapalmKev

No worries, look forward to meeting yourself and fellow Squaxx. I've got a half-assed nametag knocked up with my name and forum tag on it.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mardroid

Will the Slaine bar be open to everyone regardless of if they have tickets for the convention itself?

I ask as I'll be going to another event in the vicinity. Would be nice to meet folk there later. (I won't try to sneak into the main convention, I promise...)  >:D

Molch-R

Quote from: Mardroid on 27 January, 2017, 03:04:34 PM
Will the Slaine bar be open to everyone regardless of if they have tickets for the convention itself?

Sorry Mardroid, Sláine's Bar is inside the venue so it will only be accessible to people with wristbands.

Goaty

Mardroid

Quote from: Molch-R on 27 January, 2017, 03:21:32 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 27 January, 2017, 03:04:34 PM

Sorry Mardroid, Sláine's Bar is inside the venue so it will only be accessible to people with wristbands.

Fair enough! Thanks for the quick response.

JaHawkDroid

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 27 January, 2017, 08:29:05 AM
Quote from: JaHawkDroid on 27 January, 2017, 08:24:45 AM

Non-transferable, I believe, for the simple reason that the Powers That Be didn't want to see the tickets snapped up by scalpers and then changing hands for many times the face value on eBay.

Utterly understandable. Then I shall have to make the effort to get down the country for a day. Will probably regret it if I don't attend anyway...