Main Menu

Star Wars Episode 7 and Disney buy Lucas Film

Started by willthemightyW, 30 October, 2012, 08:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Dunno about 99 SW sequels - more likely three main films and a bunch of spin-offs.  Ewoks, probably.

willthemightyW

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 October, 2012, 09:09:40 PM
and $4B is as good as it's going to get.

S'not exactly like $4B is a bad amount!
I do like the prospect of a Joss Whedon Star Wars...
I'm sure in the coming year(s) I'll bitch and moan about this like we all will at some point, but there is no way that I won't at some point get ridiculously excited about this, even if it is just because it's Star Wars!
Plus the fact that it's allegedly a sequel to the originals surely means right off the bat it has something the prequels didn't.
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

JOE SOAP

Apparently Star Wars VII will merge into the Phase 2 Avengers film.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

JOE SOAP

Audio of conference call:

http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/c2nj5j33/lan/en%20%20

You can bet the Mouse House will get their money's worth from this buy-out, in every medium. Disney-Studio only accounts for 7% of their business.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 30 October, 2012, 09:13:59 PM
or Andrew Stanton's...

Interesting, and he's already played Darth Vader too...

The main question this raises now is will my Darth Goofy and Mickey Skywalker* figures be worth more or less?

*That's surely the name of a cocktail served in certain select bars.

JOE SOAP

It probably means the famous 20th Century Fox Fanfare will be gone from the beginning of Star Wars films.

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away... will play after/over this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMyHnZ4lV54

Goaty

Quote from: DrJomster on 30 October, 2012, 08:52:12 PM
Well here's hoping the new films are better than episodes I to III. Can't be too hard can it?

Goaty do FUCKING love Episode III!

But let see how they doing it... but when was Disney buy Marvel?

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I look forward to Star Wars 7 with the same level of fevered excitiement that I would have for a new season of Young Indy Chronicles.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Goaty on 30 October, 2012, 10:15:57 PM
But let see how they doing it... but when was Disney buy Marvel?

Today.

The treatment for the VII, VIII & IX sequels came with the buy-out deal and that treatment/production-work has been in development since the end of production on Return of the Jedi despite what Lucas himself has said publicly - according to the rumours that have leaked out from Lucasfilm workers over the years - and this pretty much confirms it.

Goaty

Really??

Hope the first film from it won't be like so film with pointless plot about some unexplained reasons of some politics with one silly character that only to entertainment the children and get some big race or somethings even at end with some goodie & baddie fight with the soooo evil guy that looks like demon... ooh wait.

JOE SOAP

It wouldn't surprise me if Spielberg has all ready been asked informally to direct a Star Wars film. Maybe Joe Cornish will get to write it.

SmallBlueThing

Christ- disney, spielberg, kathleen kennedy, joe cornish... this is turning into the worst nightmare of a day in the history of the world. No wonder they chose the day of Hurricane Sandy to bury this news. I can see a future in which i have a locked box containing the original six movies, the first 40 issues of the marvel comic, the clone wars cartoons, original chewbacca kenner figure and small-head han solo- and nothing else. And i will only open that box when the family is out, and only then to softly cry.

SBT

JOE SOAP

If I'd had the money I'd have bought them out and shut down the whole operation. Freeing the Skywalker-ranch slave-orphans.

shaolin_monkey

Buy me out, and I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!