Main Menu

Ex Machina.

Started by dweezil2, 19 March, 2013, 07:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Picked this up on blu-ray the other day and finally sat down to watch it last night.

Plotwise it's a very simple thriller with lots and lots to think about. Great performances from the three mains and I do love a production that isn't afraid to wring tension and excitement out of loaded conversations  (rather than artificial impediments in a heist scene  or twenty different action things happening at once).

Nathan's explicitly shown god complex was quite a handy way of explaining some of his dumber decisions regarding safety and security.

And loved the clever reversal of the cliche sexy undressing in the two scenes ([spoiler]Ava taking off he clothes to show she is robot not human and then applying the skin at the end)[/spoiler]

Music was also great, scenery (when you see it) was lush - all in all a very handsome, thought provoking film.

Minor niggle: Two atomic bomb references was one too many.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Devons Daddy

truly outstanding wasn't it, the less is more approach.

the twists,which hit each of us like a hammer, the layering and slow but steady draw to her.

yes intelligent sci-fi at is best.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Hawkmumbler

You know, i've still not seen this. A year later and i've still not watched it, should probably pop down to Fopp and grab a copy before I put it off anymore.

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Tiplodocus

Which is funny because I remember thinking that most blokes building a fully functioning fem-bot would give her much bigger whangers.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Michael Knight

Really liked this movie. Want to check it out again now! When is payday?  :lol: