Main Menu

The Walking Dead - Season 6 - SPOILERS

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 11 July, 2015, 03:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Another powerful episode where we see some characters change forever. Great performances all round and my god, isn't Carol one of the hardest women portrayed on screen, EVER!

COMMANDO FORCES

All those guesses on who dies, I'm not saying but it'll take you by surprise!

Grugz

knew [spoiler]denise [/spoiler] was gonna bite the big one but thought [spoiler]eugene[/spoiler] had as well for a sec.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

JayzusB.Christ

I thought the Walking Dead was all getting a bit samey, but I've enjoyed this season (or 'series' as we used to call it in the olden days) a lot so far.  Shame to see [spoiler]Denise gone[/spoiler]; I really didn't expect it.

The soap-opera romance-y elements have really taken off this season too, and not in a bad way - it keeps things interesting.  [spoiler]Rick and Michonne[/spoiler] - well, I didn't see that coming, but fair play.

[spoiler]Carol's PTSD[/spoiler] is an outstanding development, after all her ruthlessness in the past.  She's a fucking brilliant character; I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.  Major kudos to AMC for casting a female action heroine who isn't young or pretty (though having just googled her I find she was an absolute stunner in her youth); and I hope we see her again.

I don't read the comics; partly because I don't want the series spoiled.  Are they better, worse or just different?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

NapalmKev

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 March, 2016, 11:17:52 AM

I don't read the comics; partly because I don't want the series spoiled.  Are they better, worse or just different?

The overall story is the same but there are differences in characters and deaths. I got the first two compendiums from Amazon (1000+ pages per book, less than £30) but I found the second book a bit of a Borefest!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Satanist

Some seriously dumb character decisions so the plot can have them all where it needs them to be on time for next weeks finale.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Tiplodocus

I think I'm still running an episode or two behind (just seen Carol and Maggie in the abattoir).

The episode with the big assault was exciting enough but I can't help thinking that just turning up and attacking without the slightest bit of reccee was a bit off.  Can it be hand waved away by saying they needed to do it quick to try save the captive's life?  I don't think so when the stakes are so high.  And I was thinking that all the way through the assault so that kind of spoiled it for me.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Tjm86

Last I heard someone had given him a job as Middle East peace envoy.  Got a bit of a property portfolio going on by all accounts as well.

COMMANDO FORCES

So Negan makes his entrance with Lucille!

All I have to say is that what happens is gonna [spoiler]piss everyone off[/spoiler] ha ha ha

moly

Thought this was one of the best series yet and it's to drive people mad trying to work out who got lucilles kiss

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: moly on 05 April, 2016, 07:04:46 PM
Thought this was one of the best series yet and it's to drive people mad trying to work out who got lucilles kiss

One the camera crew by the looks

Tiplodocus

As Satanist points out,  the characters all running g around after each other was pretty stupid but the journey in the RV with increasinglying scary road blocks was great. And what a finish.

But how can a production team so good at ramping up the tension be so crap when it comes to conveying basic story telling information? (Examples- we never have had an establishingredient shot showing exactly how many people in Alexandria. Or how we never saw the characters were under a bridge until someone fell from it)

Minor gripes - Negan shows what a good actor can bring to dialogue that reads poorly in comic form and I can't wait for next season.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 March, 2016, 11:17:52 AMI don't read the comics; partly because I don't want the series spoiled.  Are they better, worse or just different?
I bought two trades, which I'm selling. I also read the first compendium in digital, and it was, honestly, a really hard slog for me. I don't get the love for Walking Dead based on the comic. It's so talky, and the characters are so often (in that book, at least) cyphers or stereotypes. The soap opera thing is mind-boggling (like a teenager writing East Enders), and the characterisation is frequently awful in those first few dozen issues (which I recall lasted through to around The Governor).

I've always found the show much better, utilising the basic premise and some set pieces from the comic, but — for the first few series — reimagining things in a more robust manner. The wheels seem to have come off a bit more recently. I don't know if Kirkman now has more direct involvement, but the series has a tendency to just dump everyone in one bad situation after another, without giving anyone a chance to breathe, including the viewers.

This last series for me shows the best and worst of Walking Dead. There's too much chess going on, decisions being driven by who needs to be alive or dead, rather than logic. It feels very much like a series driven by the whims of a showrunner needing to reach a finale than a storyline impacting its protagonists in an organic manner. [spoiler]Denise[/spoiler], for example, was clearly killed because [spoiler]they needed to force a trip to a doctor elsewhere[/spoiler]. They may as well have entitled the episode: "Man, this is going to bite them on the ass in a few weeks".

Still, some things worked really well, and I've no idea how they mirror the comics or not. Rick's arrogance and falling into the abyss of becoming less than human has been ongoing for some time now, and you knew he'd have to get his comeuppance. And although that final episode was frankly ridiculous in terms of the set-up it would have required, it was an excellent exercise in tension and horror. Smart execution papering over the cracks, which beats a lot of other telly.

Also, that final scene. I didn't like it. I don't like the sadistic streak that permeates a lot of Walking Dead. But I'd made my mind up that had they presented the comic on-screen, I was done. Instead, they didn't from a visual standpoint. I hope that's the case in the opener for season seven too. There are things we don't need to see on screen. As for [spoiler]who died[/spoiler], I'm not sure I really care any more. The only character I really give a shit about these days is [spoiler]Carol, and she wasn't there anyway[/spoiler].