Main Menu

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Started by Goaty, 25 November, 2015, 06:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: radiator on 10 March, 2016, 06:41:12 PM
I can't quite put my finger on it, but something looks a little off about [spoiler]Spidey[/spoiler] there - maybe the colours?

Yep completely agree with that. Looks very wonky somehow. I do think it might be the colours, little to vivid?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 10 March, 2016, 09:08:50 PM
Quote from: radiator on 10 March, 2016, 06:41:12 PM
I can't quite put my finger on it, but something looks a little off about [spoiler]Spidey[/spoiler] there - maybe the colours?

Yep completely agree with that. Looks very wonky somehow. I do think it might be the colours, little to vivid?

The low-res youtube video is mushing up the detail of the suit and flattening the colour but the suit and colours look fine in hi-res. It's the best lookin' Spidey suit in tems of its simplicity. The webbing sits perfectly compared to all previous versions and is the most comic looking.

Goaty

damn! Thanks Joe for HQ image, I agree that looks best Spidey suit. Would love to know how they explains to do that eyes (that the best of all Spidey suits!)

I, Cosh

Is there a shitter top flight superhero than Spider-Man?

NB I can't fucking believe iPad autocorrect just added that pointless hyphen.
We never really die.

M.I.K.

The pointless hyphen is part of his name. It's on all the comics and everything.

JamesC

Shitter in what way? Spidey's a great character IMHO.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 March, 2016, 01:07:51 AM
Is there a shitter top flight superhero than Spider-Man?

NB I can't fucking believe iPad autocorrect just added that pointless hyphen.
Would you like some vinegar with that salt?

I, Cosh

Quote from: JamesC on 11 March, 2016, 06:37:12 AM
Shitter in what way? Spidey's a great character IMHO.
Whining little gimp who still lives with his mum. Not very super.
We never really die.

Satanist

Spidey is a character the young reader can relate to, a teenage emo who shoots his muck at every chance he gets.

Batman on the other hand really should have a word with himself. You're a grown man FFS!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

I, Cosh

Quote from: M.I.K. on 11 March, 2016, 01:58:13 AM
The pointless hyphen is part of his name. It's on all the comics and everything.
Just seems like a waste of time. Or a ridiculous Williamsburg hipster affectation that's only there so he can make a big show of getting annoyed at the poor lady who sews it onto his suit wrong. I mean, Bat-Man and Wonderwo-Man manage perfectly well without.

Oh. I've just realised that X-Man has one. Maybe it's just an odd East Coast thing. Method-Man.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 11 March, 2016, 08:32:02 AM
Spidey is a character the young reader can relate to, a teenage emo who shoots his muck at every chance he gets.
:smiley: Maybe that's the problem. I'm perfectly capable of relating to myself and my insecurities on my own. I'd rather read about somebody interesting.
We never really die.

TordelBack

That trailer was snoozeworthy until Spidey showed up, which was very 'yay!'. And I'm a fan of the Cap and Avengers movies. It looks as dull as Civil War was in the comics.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Goaty

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 March, 2016, 10:02:39 AM
tough crowd!

Ach, it all looks very angsty and serious, which isn't my thing with superheroes (I gravitate towards the GotG and Ant-Man end of the spectrum). Until Spidey showed up and then it looked like fun.

Also, I like movie-Tony and movie-Steve, and don't much enjoy seeing them at quite such odds, especially as Tony has spent 5 movies working through his 'does not play well with others' issues.  It is however a marvel (ahem) that we live in age where such a movie can even be attempted, never mind be wildly anticipated and almost certainly well-made.