Main Menu

Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)

Started by Goaty, 13 December, 2015, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bat King

Frankly the original film was called pile of entertaining nonsense aimed at the mass market. It was hugely popular. Mass audience like things go boom! Lots go boom!!!

It was as much a SciFi film as it v was an ensemble disaster movie.

I was surprised there wasn't a sequel much sooner. It was after all the second highest grossing film at the time. 

It was mass market clap trap. I enjoyed it. I might go see the sequel, might not. It'll  be on a Tuesday if I do...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Enigmatic Dr X

That is one of the worst trailers I have ever seen. And it's well kent that you should be able to make a good trailer from a poor film. So...
Lock up your spoons!

Goaty

Hawkmumbler

Goaty

New trailer, looks better than first trailer. And poor London again!

https://youtu.be/T0q0Gax0aYs

Banners

"They like to get the landmarks". Heh :-)

abelardsnazz

I'll see it, hopefully it'll be big dumb fun like the first one.

Michael Knight

I am actually looking forward to this after the second trailer release. How on earth will they explain Brent Spiner's Characters regeneration/return ?  :D

James Dilworth

Quote from: Michael Knight on 07 May, 2016, 02:38:26 AM
How on earth will they explain Brent Spiner's Characters regeneration/return ?  :D

I'll refer you to the celluloid classic Loaded Weapon 1.

Emilio Estevez

Aren't you supposed to be dead?

Jon Lovitz

I thought this was the sequel.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Michael Knight on 07 May, 2016, 02:38:26 AM
I am actually looking forward to this after the second trailer release. How on earth will they explain Brent Spiner's Characters regeneration/return ?  :D

It's Sci-fi film.....so, they could say anything far-fetched to explain that & get away with it. The might have cloned him or used the Cauldron of Blood to bring back since he's a hero.

Also wondering if Randy Quaid might have been beamed up to the U.S.S. Star Ship Enterprise by accident after they travelled back in Earth time to save the lasts whale. Military issue jet fighter & all and sent back down to deliver some more pay back.....literally....anally or maybe he could be brought back by some advanced third party alien technology mistaken by us for god.

That could explain Brent Spiner's return as well.

Will Will Smith cameo or is he really done this?

Spikes

I guess he was cheaper to bring back than Will Smith.

Still looking forward to this big pile of dumb.

Tombo

When I popped into HMV this morning they had the 20th Anniversary Edition of the original film on Blu-ray as one of the impulse buys (£4.99 with any purchase), so I picked it up when I bought the original Quatermass and the Pit.  If anyone wants the code to download a digital HD copy PM me (offer valid until 31/12/2019, only whilst stocks [one code] last).