Main Menu

3A Mongrol on sale from February 28th

Started by ming, 24 February, 2011, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

There's absolutely no reason this would be on their radar but one that would defo break me is if they did Nemesis. I just think he'd be perfect for 3A's style. Stuff of fantasy I know but, well he does have strong links to ABC Warriors so you never know.

ming

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 03 July, 2012, 03:25:21 PM
There's absolutely no reason this would be on their radar but one that would defo break me is if they did Nemesis. I just think he'd be perfect for 3A's style. Stuff of fantasy I know but, well he does have strong links to ABC Warriors so you never know.

Ash is a long-time fan of 2000AD (that's the whole reason he sought out the licence for this stuff; he's not in it for the money - any doubts about that, check what his paintings sell for...) and he stated early on that his main love is the stuff he grew up on, meaning the first 500 Progs or so.  All the classic characters like Johnny Alpha, Rogue, etc. are very much on his radar and I'd guess Nemesis is a distinct possibility.  So little info about the line comes out these days (he's not active on the 3A forums these days and no longer uses Twitter) that it's all going to feel like a horribly long wait in-between figures, but whatever we get will be pretty damn special.

Going back to my earlier comments about switching between 1/6 and 1/12 scales, it might be that the 1/12 line makes more money and helps support the 1/6 figures, which might have prompted this move in the first place.  Ash had previously said 'no 1/12 for 2000AD' but obviously changed his mind on that one - a good move, really.  We may well see stuff getting released in 1/12 ahead of 1/6 at some point...

COMMANDO FORCES

JOE SOAP

DKCX

Got my 1/12th Mongrol ordered.
The 1/6th would have been too much to get past the wife.
The price was a little to steep to justify getting it.

Stella Dave

Any news on the wee Mongrols shipping?? No sign of it here yet.

I'd actually forgotten about it and the Mrs said to me today "there's no sign of your  birthday present from Gran". I had to ask wot it was! lol

Stella Dave

Just answered my own Q  :-[ - "ships in 4th quarter 2012"

Dandontdare

Can't remember if the guesstimate was October or November, but it's not delayed (yet)!

nicklambo

Birthday is coming up...Anyone have one they could think of selling me....(not looking to get ripped off as on e-bay..!).....Looking for the 1/6th scale original...
Thanks,
:D

Stella Dave

Sure someone is selling a black hole mongrol or rojaws on here!

nicklambo

Really looking for the original...Not so keen on the Black Hole one's but thanks...
:D
Nick

DKCX

Any update on the 1/12th version of Mongrol from 3A, ordered the standard colour scheme Mongrol.
Is it still looking like the 4th quarter of 2012?

Dandontdare

aaargh - I'd managed to put this to the  back of my mind - now I'll be wondering each day whether it'll be waiting when I get home!

But no, I've not heard any news. Apparently 3A's estim,ates can be ...aaah.. fluid.

Mardroid

This is the first item I bought from these folks. I'm very much looking forward to receiving it.

From following the threads concerning previous items I was forewarned that there would be delays in despatch so that's okay. The last quarter isn't over yet.

I'll admit, I was hoping it would arrive by Christmas... and indeed it still might. If it doesn't, that's okay. I'll be naturally a bit disappointed, but looking forward to this stuff is still part of the fun.

Stella Dave

Last quarter is disappearing fast, any word on these??