Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Austin

Lovely lines here Simon.

Quote from: SIP on 05 April, 2017, 05:47:43 PM
First draft Inks for a page I'm working on, still a little tweaking to do and then it will eventually be grey-shaded.

Cheers
Simon

positronic

SIP

Quote from: Steven Austin on 14 April, 2017, 03:19:25 PM
Lovely lines here Simon.

Quote from: SIP on 05 April, 2017, 05:47:43 PM
First draft Inks for a page I'm working on, still a little tweaking to do and then it will eventually be grey-shaded.

Cheers
Simon

Cheers Steven!

Darren Stephens

Painted over an older Dredd sketch, for practice.

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

positronic

I sometimes wonder how much Joe has to tilt his head backward (or is it his helmet, forward?) to get that "jaw-jutting" effect. I guess by the 22nd century those helmets must have built-in windshield defoggers or something, but you'd still think he'd get smudges in the center of it from his nose rubbing up against the visor.  :lol:

Darren Stephens

Hah, good points, Positronic!  :lol: Here's another, including the original sketchbook biro scrawl!

CLICK^^

positronic

You gotta love the daystick-in-your-face.

If they still put word balloons on the covers it would be something like "What are YOU looking at, citizen?"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: positronic on 21 April, 2017, 06:59:00 PM
If they still put word balloons on the covers it would be something like "What are YOU looking at, citizen?"

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

positronic

That's so cool! Especially when you have one of those cover illustrations where it's looking right AT you, it seems to beg for some interaction via a word balloon. It seems to be considered gauche and declasse to put dialogue on covers these days, like HEY, DIS IS SOME FINE AHRT HERE, show some respect!!!

I'm not saying we should turn back the clock to taping plastic 'free gift's to the covers or anything (the horror! the horror!!), but hey they should lighten up a little... It's supposed to be fun!

positronic

It almost seems like there should be tiny letters stenciled into the flat wooden end of the daystick that read "If you can read this - Surrender now! This is your final warning."

Kev O'Neill always seemed to work those little lettering jokes into the background somewhere when he saw a chance.

Darren Stephens

Wow, thanks Jim for adding a touch of class! Also, I agree Positroni. I miss the old speech balloons. They do do them still, but very rarely, sadly.  :)
                                       CLICK^^

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 21 April, 2017, 08:42:49 PM
Wow, thanks Jim for adding a touch of class! Also, I agree Positroni. I miss the old speech balloons. They do do them still, but very rarely, sadly.  :)

Sorry, Darren — I should have asked before I did that! Glad you like it, though!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 April, 2017, 08:46:48 PM
Quote from: Darren Stephens on 21 April, 2017, 08:42:49 PM

Sorry, Darren — I should have asked before I did that! Glad you like it, though!

No problem, I love it.  ;)
                                       CLICK^^

Eric Plumrose

Something I bottled sending to the GET WELL CARLOS thingamie. Apologies for the scan quality and its being uncropped. I'm using the Souster Woman's laptop and there doesn't seem to be anything I can edit it with.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.