Main Menu

Meg 367 - Dredd

Started by Richard, 12 December, 2015, 03:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

This is my first significent line-up change since getting back on board the Meg and have to say... well it was okay (and not that much of a change I guess!). I thought both new strips had real potential but neither really grabbed me. Dredd - Dust just kinda rolled over me, nothing about it grabbed me as different from a regular Dredd, not a bad one but I was wondering what about it would feel different and maybe I was a little too tired when I read it but not a great deal aside from... nah won't mention it, them... whatever.

DiMarco who as a Judge raised quite a few comments due to her lack of... no not going there... love both Steve Yeowell and Mike Carroll stuff but this one just floated by a little. I wonder if I'd have read the previous story would this one have been a bit more interesting. Also the security seemed a little lax. Still I think this one has real potential.

Dredd itself was a pretty good strip but while there was some nice development the procedural bit left me a little cold - it felt a bit tell not show and I was defo too tired (really I just need to shout up and read this again when I'm a bit more awake don't I!). Lovely art and good to see Beeny wasn't wearing any... no no no... and liked the move [spoiler]to put her on Council of Five[/spoiler] that has real potential. The structure of this story has been interesting and defo needs a re-read.

Demon-Nic I still bloody love. Maybe Sister Mercy would have been better entering combat with a bit of... no she was fine as she was ... love the page design, love the twisty turny love the dialogue, love it all really. Best thing in it.

As defo too tired to read the text pieces but will be going back to do so as I'd love to see Ian Kennedy depict some b... whoops that was close... yeah both look really interesting but will save them.

So yeah a little bit of a down turn for me this issue, but still enjoyable and I'm just glad that however tired I am I managed to crank out a review without mentioning Boob armour ... arh damnit...

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 12 December, 2015, 06:55:05 PM

Ryan Brown

That Cover. Monochrome design and dulled down colours gives it an even greater impact.Pure Dredd.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Hawkmumbler

It's the way the lawgiver just pops. Your so focused on the brilliant detail in the armour that when you finally draw your attention back to it the barrel seem's a dozen times bigger and quite, quite menacing.

Cracking stuff.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 December, 2015, 10:55:12 AM
It's the way the lawgiver just pops. Your so focused on the brilliant detail in the armour that when you finally draw your attention back to it the barrel seem's a dozen times bigger and quite, quite menacing.

Cracking stuff.

only spoiled by that distracting signature under his elbow.
DDT did a job on me

staticgirl

I didn't really notice the boob armour until you pointed it out. I wonder if her head had been drawn a little bigger whether the chest plates might not have seemed so exaggerated?