Main Menu

DREDD reviews. (SPOILERS!)

Started by blackmocco, 30 August, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Probably about time to set this one up then. Some of you will have seen the movie by now and by this time tomorrow, it'll be time to discuss it. Let's do it!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Goaty

MR. ELIMINATOR

I gotta know, does he say creep?

Michaelvk

All I can say is that there wasn't a lynch mob afterwards. I'm pretty thrilled about the final result.. Missed seeing if I had a credit though.. None the less there was a huge sigh of relief on my part. After punting it for a year I didn't look like an idiot.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

blackmocco

There's a few "creeps" and "perps" along the way.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

blackmocco

Quote from: Michaelvk on 30 August, 2012, 11:25:05 PM
All I can say is that there wasn't a lynch mob afterwards. I'm pretty thrilled about the final result.. Missed seeing if I had a credit though.. None the less there was a huge sigh of relief on my part. After punting it for a year I didn't look like an idiot.

Michael, I saw your name in the credits as I sat there, spent and flaccid, too weak from the experience to do nowt...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

chuffsteruk

Quote from: Michaelvk on 30 August, 2012, 11:25:05 PM

No chance of that!

Chuffed(pardon the pun)for everyone involved  :)

MR. ELIMINATOR

YES!!!!!  :D Role on Sep 7th.

I suppose in a way now we're are the lucky ones as we still get to see it for the first time ever still.

Michaelvk

Love those gatlings.. Xmas holiday well spent. Can't wait to see it again.. Best thing was hanging out with the forum regulars Alex Garland and John Wagner afterwards at the pub next door. Couldn't work up the courage to chat to John though..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Stu101

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 30 August, 2012, 11:28:11 PM
YES!!!!!  :D Role on Sep 7th.

I suppose in a way now we're are the lucky ones as we still get to see it for the first time ever still.

Nice positive view point Mr. Eliminator. Not long to go really in the big scheme of things, and my excitement is mounting reading some of these "nailed it", "come's across as Dredd" comments.

radiator

Relax: it's good.

That's all I can really say for now, I'm so close to it all that I can't really see it objectively.

But i know that it's good!

Martin Jameson

Really enjoyed the film. A not quite a legend but on his way Dredd in a young justice department in the not too distant future. Dirty, violent and brutal - perfect. Thanks to Alex Garland and co for letting us see this early and please start on the sequel now!

radiator

Urban is so pitch perfect as Dredd that you don't even really think about it after the first five minutes, you just accept him. His voice and delivery is spot on - nothing at all like Christian Bale Batman, as some had feared.

I really liked Anderson, some of the most interesting stuff in the film revolves around her.

Lena Headey makes a great villain. Cold, detached, vicious.

blackmocco

Yeah, he really is. Dredd becomes something quite terrifying when you see him onscreen. I spent a lot of time thinking about how utterly terrified you'd be having to stare that helmet down. There's a great power to blocking the eyes.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

blackmocco

And y'know, it really is all about the actors in the end. Some of the script that leaked reads a little cheesy. Anderson 'reading' Dredd through the wall at the start, for instance, but the way it's handled in the movie is quite powerful, I thought. Got me thinking the movie could have easily gone off the rails with the wrong casting/performances. Thirlby is so fucking awesome in this movie. She really is.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com