Main Menu

Prog 1986 Fight for Justice!

Started by Proudhuff, 18 June, 2016, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Cover: Great cover but something off about that helment, a thumb over the face reveals it!

Nerve Centre: TMO threatens to withdraw in Damage report, watch how you vote peeps!the FB
Thrills of the future: The Grennie and PJ droids join forces for Hunted.
Apparently TMO has upset FB lynchmobs... you go Green bounce!

Dredd: Rico, Joyce and Dredd back in the Meg those cowboys better put their wagons in a circle.
Top hole stuff and more from this team please Mighty One!

Brink: has unfortunately not grabbed me, it should: thought great team and involved but sorry for skipping it.

SLAINE: enjoyed this for a change

Black Dug: Enjoyed this too

Overall a great Prog only one skipper and that's my bad not the story's

DDT did a job on me

Batman's Superior Cousin

Who's this 'Judge Lewis' that Dredd is referring to?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

jannerboyuk

Cover: Classic cover
Editorial: you tell 'em Thargy!
Dredd: enjoyable, Dredd I'd always good in the taking back mah citeh storyline. My problem is how underdeveloped the texcits are, as is the city itself. Still here are some spoilers: Dredd kicks arse, wins and everything resets.
Brink: grows on me every week. First3 pages were perfect.
Slaine: stunning, just stunning art work. Action scenes are ok but Slaine doesn't lose, so you know sigh. I'm not sure what you do with a long running character whose main characteristic is fighting when you know he can't lose.
Grey are: enjoyable romp sort of stuff, nice ending err except there's another episode next week? Some stories do seem a bit bloated to me, time to tighten up Thargy!

staticgirl

All the dreadful things that have happened this week and it is that letter accusing 2000Ad of not being patriotic that has really put the wind up me...

GordonR

Quote from: staticgirl on 18 June, 2016, 03:08:19 PM
All the dreadful things that have happened this week and it is that letter accusing 2000Ad of not being patriotic that has really put the wind up me...

The best bit:  "Britain abolished slavery!"

We sure did.......after several centuries of enthusiastically and very lucratively promoting the sale of human beings.  There are several British cities pretty much built on slave trade loot.

jannerboyuk

My attitude towards British history is simple: if you can't acknowledge the terrible things you can't celebrate the good things. Never met a 'patriot' yet who passed that test.

A.Cow

Cover: Tom Foster has excelled himself with this Bolland-esque beauty.

Dredd: There's a heck of a lot crammed into 6 pages this week.  Not sure why Dredd would keep Hershey out of the loop, given that rumours of his return seems to be public knowledge (according to Oswin, at least) -- surely the CJ can keep a secret?  Good to see my catchphrase "MOO!" making an appearance.

Brink: Skimmed this; waiting to read it in one go, when it'll hopefully make more sense.

Snooze: The Boretania Chonicles, Book Three: Pyskickpomp (part eight): Part 2 of "Slaine fires some arrows".  Four sodding pages of firing sodding arrows.  Four!

Slack Butch: Hang on, Mr Monk Haircut doesn't have a beard!?  WTF?

Grey Area: Winding up nicely, but I'm not sure where this could go next.

Input: Detachable anatomy?  Quality stuff.

ZenArcade

Definetly a big Bolland influence, I can see a lot of Cliff Robinson in tje cover as well. Great cover. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Leigh S

No Traitor General love? (I assume that's the fellow?)

Will Cooling

Quote from: GordonR on 18 June, 2016, 03:31:23 PM
Quote from: staticgirl on 18 June, 2016, 03:08:19 PM

The best bit:  "Britain abolished slavery!"

We sure did.......after several centuries of enthusiastically and very lucratively promoting the sale of human beings.  There are several British cities pretty much built on slave trade loot.

What people forget is that we compensated all the slave owners for their "lost property". That meant the plantation owners remained the dominant figures in their colonies. This contrasts with America where the North freed the slaves and told the South to go fuck themselves.

And of course there's the issue of acting all high and mighty about freeing individual Africans when you're about to start stealing their land. Keeping a whole country in bondage is no better or worse than doing it to individuals.

And a lot of British people are denial about just how racist the British Empire was. The West Indies, Kenya, Uganda, Rhodesia were all just as white dominated as South Africa. FFS they wouldn't let a black captain the West Indies until a local campaign forced them to in the 1950s.
And then went round stealing Africans land
Formerly WIll@The Nexus

Will Cooling

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 18 June, 2016, 03:37:48 PM
My attitude towards British history is simple: if you can't acknowledge the terrible things you can't celebrate the good things. Never met a 'patriot' yet who passed that test.

100% this. If you celebrate our role in the world wars you have to be willing to apologies for the bad things we did elsewhere.
Formerly WIll@The Nexus

Mattofthespurs

Not met me then.
This country is bathed in blood yet I still love the idiosyncratic nature of the island.
So much variety, so much difference, and yet still the same underneath.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Will Cooling on 18 June, 2016, 04:48:13 PM

100% this. If you celebrate our role in the world wars you have to be willing to apologies for the bad things we did elsewhere.

To be honest this is the thing that seperates us from the rest of the World.
We know we are arseholes, now and in the past, and yet we know that and that is what makes us pricks great.

Mattofthespurs

Are we really still expected to pay for the sins of our forefathers?
No country in the World is more forward thinking in terms of women's rights and the rights of those in the LBGT movement.
Be proud of this.