Main Menu

Prog 1988 - Front Toward Enemy

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 July, 2016, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

I love the idea of psis in the SJS. It makes perfect sense, doesn't retain anything, and it doesn't matter that we haven't seen it before because it could always be a new policy. I hope she survives and we see more of her, she has the potential to be a really interesting character.

We don't know what happened to Buell, and we don't know if Waldron is head of SJS. Just because she's on the Council doesn't automatically mean that she is head of her division. Tour of Duty had a Judge Benitez on the Council who was joint head of Forensics, which would be an arm of Tek-Div.

I'm enjoying this story. Let's wait for it to finish before we try to identify plot holes. It's a legitimate writing technique to withhold certain information from the reader until we need to know it.

A.Cow

Quote from: Butch on 09 July, 2016, 04:25:08 PM
[2] It doesn't help that Waldron is one of four senior level, female Justice department employees sporting a sleek, black, mid-length bob.

Don't diss the sleek, black, mid-length bobs.  The more of them the better -- especially with a nice fringe.

My ideal Dredd story would have Hershey & Beeny working undercover in vice to investigate a Lulu Romanov lookalike.

Um ... I may have said too much.

I'll get m'coat.

TordelBack

Quote from: Richard on 09 July, 2016, 06:09:12 PM
I'm enjoying this story. Let's wait for it to finish before we try to identify plot holes. It's a legitimate writing technique to withhold certain information from the reader until we need to know it.

True, true - but at the same time speculatin', debatin' and possibly flatin' is what we do here.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 10 July, 2016, 01:05:50 AM
Quote from: Richard on 09 July, 2016, 06:09:12 PM

True, true - but at the same time speculatin', debatin' and possibly flatin' is what we do here.
Sometimes we (meaning I) can be far too cynical for out (as in my) well being!

Jacqusie

Quote from: eamonn1961 on 02 July, 2016, 07:53:46 PM

That's a belter of a cover and it's fabulous to see the wonderful d'israeli disgrace our pages again with the exciting Scarlet Traces follow up.

This is the 3rd amazing sequel to the War of the Worlds and I never thought would see another take place after the drama of the Great game.

The prog's been a bit pedestrian in the lead up to the 2kilo prog & I'm glad there is something to keep my interest over the summer as Slaine and Grey Area have gone way past their sell by date.

I live in hope that one day Slaine will be picked up by the same spaceship as Brian (as in 'The life of...') and give us something to raise an eyebrow to, maybe he could fall down a worm hole or out of it's bum...which is where it seems to have dissappeared to...

BPP

Quick thought / question - is Scarlet Traces the first Creator Owned thing in the prog? (My thinking is yes as the Creator Owned slot in the Meg is of recent vintage).

I'm assuming its creator owned given its heritage outside of the Meg...
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: BPP on 01 August, 2016, 11:31:02 PM
Quick thought / question - is Scarlet Traces the first Creator Owned thing in the prog? (My thinking is yes as the Creator Owned slot in the Meg is of recent vintage).

Wasn't Button Man, at least initially, creator owned in the prog? As I understand it, Scarlet Traces is now Rebeliion-owned...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

BPP

Cheers Jim.

You're undoubtably right about Button Man, had forgotten that.

If thats right about Scarlet Traces its very interesting. Given the other options that are out there - the possibility of crowd-funding to the multiple of creator-rights US publishers atm to give away / sell the rights to Rebellion is something different.

Obv. I've no idea about the legal specifics of the thing so apologies to the creators or rebellion if I've said something out of place. Just one of those things as a lawyer I find interesting.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

TordelBack

I know DC have the reprint rights and no doubt a convoluted contract, but with those restrictions wasn't Metalzoic owned by Mills and O'Neill?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Tordelback on 02 August, 2016, 12:53:00 AM
I know DC have the reprint rights and no doubt a convoluted contract, but with those restrictions wasn't Metalzoic owned by Mills and O'Neill?

Copyright is DC comics, I believe.

maryanddavid

Metalzoic is owned by DC, except AFAIK the material that was commissioned for 2000 AD, promotional material, covers etc the owners of 2000 AD are the proprietors.

Lots of other creator owned instances (Some unintentional) in the Prog,  Medivac, Luck Kirby, Button Man is still Creator owned, Hadrosaurs by Dan Abnett & Kev Walker Terrameks was originally creator owned but I understand that its now Rebeellion.  7 Wonders of the Galaxy - The poster series by Kevin O'Neill, I'm pretty sure is creator owned. Dionsty too.

Dan Dare, Rick Random, Kellys Eye, Robot Archie and the cast of Zenith book ZZZ, halfway house?

Molch-R

Quote from: BPP on 01 August, 2016, 11:51:24 PM

No, as detailed at the time in our press release http://www.2000adonline.com/post/289 Rebellion acquired the rights to Scarlet Traces, its sequel The Great Game, and the prequel adaptation of War of the Worlds from Edginton and Brooker – the first time the company has bought the rights to a previously published property from its creators.